• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any
    Aten chuckled in response to Lethia's words, offering her one of his charming smiles, "I'm sure that's the case; you have learned well and so have nothing to worry about."

Before Owin could race over, Lilliana decided to greet Aten in turn upon his arrival, offering a joke about what he had referred to her as prior to giving him her actual name. It was a rather pretty name, one that made Aten smile in a friendly greeting.

"Good to meet you Lilliana. My name is Aten, and I now formally welcome you to Taiga."

Owin was the next to greet the golden stallion, bouncing over to Aten's side and unable to hold still as he spoke within the latter's mind. Aten couldn't help but chuckle at Owin's enthusiasm, lowering his head when the colt made his proclamation about how the stars could deliver messages and contain the dreams of the equines they watched over while they slept.

"Really now, is that so? Well, no fear; I will keep it a secret, even from Turul," he whispered. The falcon, as if sensing he was being talked about, flew over to the group from where he had been in the trees, landing on Aten's withers. The golden stallion twitched his muscles against the falcon's razor sharp talons, laughing when the raptor insisted he be let in on the conversation.

"Sorry. I promised Owin. You want information, you'll have to get it from him."

Turul, offput by this, decided to have a little fun with the colt while the adults talked. Flapping his wings so he was off Aten's back and now hovering over Owin's, he reached down with his talons and gently plucked at the tuft of mane growing along the colt's crest. With a playful cry, Turul flew a bit higher out of Owin's reach before flying away a few yards, trying to entice the young equine to play.

Aten watched his friend, rolling his eyes in fond exasperation; Turul could be such a foal sometimes, especially when around the young ones. Hearing Lethia talking next to him, Aten decided that the falcon would be fine watching over Owin, and as such turned back to the mares, not wishing to show Lilliana any disrespect by not listening to her.

@[lilliana] @[Izora Lethia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any - by Aten - 08-21-2019, 11:07 AM