• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

By Moonlight

уσυ'яє αℓωαуѕ ѕ¢αяє∂ tнαt уσυ'яє ωαѕtιиg уσυя ℓιfє 

It was strange yet pleasant to hear someone worrying about her as Yael was. Neso thought for a moment before saying,
         "I suppose I have... I had adapted to a nomadic life for quite a while... Maybe 11? 12 seasons so far? It would be quite nice to put an end to that life."
         She hesitated for a moment, thinking back to the other travelers she had met as she had wandered the land and what they had said to her. There was one that stuck out in her mind and always had, a light palomino mare who's belly was large and round, as if she would give birth within the next few days. They had briefly spoken. It was late so they found somewhere to stay, each appreciative of the friendly company. They had spoken of her foal, new homes, and the field. She said she couldn't go, never giving a reason why, even though she glorified it as if it were a place created by the gods and brought happiness to all. Once the morning came, they went their separate ways, never telling each other what they were leaving or where they were going. Small bits of doubt collected in her mind and she figured that she might ask to confirm the mare's words that still lingered in her mind to this day.
         "This is where you go to find a new home, no? Someone had told me of this place and I'm hoping that they haven't misled me..."
          Her eyes traveled to the mare and then to the stallion as anxiety squeezed her heart and she hoped that they mare had not misspoken. Her mind had seemed to the be there... then again... when a horse carries a foal they become anxious... and a mare carrying a foal wandering in an unfamiliar forest, probably running away from something? Who knows how her mind had been effected up to that point. She could have asked others as she traveled but ti was almost an unspoken rule that she had that she was to never tell where she came from nor where she was going and asking about it would be essentially telling them so she just held her tongue and avoided the topic. Looking back, she was sure that she could have asked at least one horse she passed but, the idea of trusting others scares her, especially then and even now. She had lingered on the edge of the field for days, trying to talk herself into meeting someone then finally desperation kicked in and here she is now.

иєѕσ 

Messages In This Thread
    By Moonlight - by Neso - 08-13-2015, 11:23 PM
    RE: By Moonlight - by Yael - 08-14-2015, 07:58 AM
    RE: By Moonlight - by Neso - 08-14-2015, 02:50 PM
    RE: By Moonlight - by Tiberios - 08-15-2015, 04:59 PM
    RE: By Moonlight - by Neso - 08-15-2015, 10:40 PM
    RE: By Moonlight - by Yael - 08-16-2015, 08:42 AM
    RE: By Moonlight - by Tiberios - 08-16-2015, 09:44 AM
    RE: By Moonlight - by Neso - 08-16-2015, 06:38 PM
    RE: By Moonlight - by Ledger - 08-16-2015, 06:51 PM
    RE: By Moonlight - by Yael - 08-16-2015, 07:37 PM