• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

things i wish i had not said, any

ALL THE DOUBT YOU'RE STANDING IN BETWEEN

Dry humor for dry humor, their first exchange is met with a tolerant smirk from Wolfbane as well. The optimism in his distinctly clear gaze as he listened and watched the newcomer suggested a hint of appreciation at how one could manage such resolve. By now, Bane considered himself something of an expert at spitting out insults thinly veiled by sarcasm. A quip about signs in a world inhabited with very few opposable thumbs was good, though. The bay stallion held his own.

Did his best to try at least. When your inner ear can transform at will into any living or prehistoric creature, and when that ability is more or less acting on its own, swallowed globs of spit and grinding molars make plenty enough noise above the quiet. Not surprisingly, all the extra ability in the world wouldn't make a difference anyways. Wolfbane could gauge the reaction if he’d been deaf, dumb and blind. He really should’ve felt guilty for grinning wider when he did, for saying, “When you put it like that, how could I possibly say no?”

Imagining for a moment that someday this kind of fun would be the death of him, Bane dialed down the intensity and settled on a more austere, unenthused look again. Whoever the self-styled vagabond was he had pride and a robust portfolio of witty comebacks, something Taiga lacked in excess. “I kid.” The blue-and-gold creature muttered, raising both brows of his unique fask mask to show he meant it. “You seem deceivingly harmless under all those manners.”

There he went again. “Congratulations,” The border patrol stepped aside in one fluid, silent motion, “You’re free to enter at your own peril. I have a daughter your age who would kill me if she knew I was busy chatting up such a handsome young stud.” Wolfbane cautioned. He stood sentry and kept a glinting eye on what had come to blow through the Redwoods for Eyas sake, in case his equally odd daughter happened to be 'watching'.

WITH WOUNDS THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS SEEN

WOLFBANE

@[bethlehem]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    things i wish i had not said, any - by bethlehem - 08-10-2019, 04:25 PM
    RE: things i wish i had not said, any - by Wolfbane - 08-19-2019, 03:33 AM