• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

oh, my siren won't you call; any
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

The group was certainly larger than he had ever anticipated meeting him, but he finds that he doesn’t mind it. Rather, he smiles low and easy, watching as the group interacts as family. They each play their own part, he thinks, wondering at the stern but gentle Aten, the kind Lethy, mischevious Owin, and then boisterous Popinjay. It makes him wonder what he had been like as a child—what others must have seen when they came to the Cove and met the solemn, star-eyed son of the two Queens of the East.

Such things flood from him quickly though as he listens, mostly, to what the others are saying. There are bits and pieces that he misses in his daydreaming, but you wouldn’t know it by the polite expression that remains on his handsome face, his white ears pricked forward and his purple eyes roving between them.

Some of the conversation jogs his memory though and he grins, pleased with himself.

“Kensa wished for me to convey our warm greetings to its new leadership,” he echoes, feeling the words that are not his own fall from his lips. They sound right enough though so he doesn’t fight them. Instead he looks toward Aten. “I don’t need information outside of that. It was simply a friendly visit.” He pauses, remembering himself, “Although I suppose perhaps you have questions for me about Hyaline?”

Not that he would have any source of information from which to draw.

But it seemed rude to at least not offer.

For a second, his gaze slips toward the first girl to meet him and he studies her with that intense focus of his before looking to the mother and son duo. “It’s a pleasure to meet you both too. I would be more than happy to join you later for stories. I do love them.” In reaction, he quickly weaves together the illusion of a butterfly made from golden light that flutters forward and lands on the filly’s nose before flying upward.

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

@[Popinjay] - I think you're next!

Messages In This Thread
    oh, my siren won't you call; any - by aegean - 08-03-2019, 05:49 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by aegean - 08-03-2019, 08:37 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by Aten - 08-06-2019, 12:09 AM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by Owin - 08-07-2019, 03:04 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by aegean - 08-08-2019, 11:44 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by Aten - 08-10-2019, 01:26 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by aegean - 08-15-2019, 04:20 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by Aten - 08-19-2019, 12:25 AM