• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

For It Was Always You {Bane|Lepis}
    Lepis closes her eyes for a moment as they stand in the early afternoon sunlight. Summer here is a far gentler thing than it is farther south, and the sun is no exception. At this time of day in Loess, they’d be seeking shelter in the shade rather than stand in full sun, lest they broil in the heat. They might even have sought out a cold spring, but here there is no need. A creek gurgles not far away, fed by the same year-round snowmelt as its mother river in Hyaline, and Lepis knows the water is crisp and cool. Bird sogn echoes in the woods and field around them, a clear sign that they are unobserved. The forest’s protector might think himself canny with his high-flying eyes, but the songbirds and small creatures of the wood are wary in the presence of a falcon.

Her closed eyes block Marni’s initial look of surprise, but it still remains in her daughter’s eyes when she speaks and Lepis turns to look at her. That she is open to the idea brings a smile to her mother’s face, and Lepis reaches out to brush one dark curl out of Marni’s face with a pleased smile.

“Not yet,” she reassures her, lest Marni think nuptials are just around the corner. “I’ve heard that the Icicle Isle and Island Resort are ruled by single men, but I’ve not yet inquired of them. I do know the Primarch of Hyaline has a son about your age though. I’ve heard he’s quite handsome.” There is an amused twinkle in her eye as she says this; arrangements are always sweetened when the partners are fair to look at. Her daughter is certainly lovely, and that – along with her mother’s ambitions and father’s skills – are most of what Taiga has to lay on the table. They cannot truly afford to be picky, yet Lepis would rather Marni choose a man with no family than be forced into something that she doesn’t truly want.

Lepis knows too well what happens in those situations.

When Marni comments on the beauty od Taiga, Lepis nods, turning her blue-grey eyes back to the field ahead of them. Her daughter’s comment that it is more fitting that their previous homes brings a frown to Lepis’ face however, though it lasts for only a breath before it smooths away. The youth are entitled to her own opinions, she reminds herself. Lepis herself had even thought Sylva beautiful when she had been a young girl. Age and experience have wisened her though, and she knows that geographical beauty is a small thing. Loess, for all its scrub and yellow hills, still retains its firm hold on her heart.

“Perhaps we should go find your father,” Lepis suggests with a shuffling of her golden wings. “He’s been watching Celina while she naps, but she should be waking up soon, and they’ll both be so happy to see you.”

@[Marni]
    ooc: I know you were trying to end some threads so I left this one in a way that could end it and then meet up post-Valek, but also we can continue if you want! Totes up to you Smile

Messages In This Thread
    For It Was Always You {Bane|Lepis} - by Marni - 07-09-2019, 09:05 PM
    RE: For It Was Always You {Bane|Lepis} - by Lepis - 07-17-2019, 06:31 AM
    RE: For It Was Always You {Bane|Lepis} - by Marni - 07-24-2019, 05:51 PM
    RE: For It Was Always You {Bane|Lepis} - by Lepis - 07-27-2019, 09:47 AM
    RE: For It Was Always You {Bane|Lepis} - by Marni - 08-01-2019, 01:00 PM
    RE: For It Was Always You {Bane|Lepis} - by Lepis - 08-07-2019, 07:07 AM
    RE: For It Was Always You {Bane|Lepis} - by Marni - 08-07-2019, 01:35 PM
    RE: For It Was Always You {Bane|Lepis} - by Lepis - 08-14-2019, 07:35 AM
    RE: For It Was Always You {Bane|Lepis} - by Marni - 08-18-2019, 01:53 PM