• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Fear Controls You |Luath|

this would be a fantastic place to put a future quote

She nearly levitates off the sand when he announces that Ischia is his home, and he can't help his eyes widening slightly, unused to the sheer enthusiasm she is exhibiting. Luath doesn't take a step back but he doesn't step forward, uncertain what to do in the face of this completely new experience. She's neither an authority figure, nor afraid of him, nor a sibling. What is she? Luath doesn't know; he doesn't have any friends, and she'll be his first, and he's not sure how that works.

Still, he offers another tentative smile and finally steps forward again, closing a little bit of the distance between them. She has apparently only met his mother, but he's sure that will change eventually. It's not exactly an abandoned land. "Well I don't live anywhere else," he says a little self-consciously, "But I'm usually in the water." The boy glances back behind him at the depths of the sea which a smile that nothing on land has ever gotten. Maybe someday he'll find something on land that calls to him as much as the ocean. He realizes that there has been silence for a moment and endeavors to fill it. "My family lives here, I'm sure if you've met Mother you'll meet everyone else eventually. My father, and my twin sister." A tendril of thought is given to why Ionia hadn't been with Adria, but he is often not with his parents anymore, perhaps Ionia is also becoming more independent. If something had happened, he would have heard.

"Do you come from far away?"

luath

@[Vita]

Messages In This Thread
    Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Vita - 08-05-2019, 09:07 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Luath - 08-05-2019, 09:47 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Vita - 08-06-2019, 08:18 AM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Luath - 08-10-2019, 10:33 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Vita - 08-11-2019, 09:23 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Luath - 08-13-2019, 07:31 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Vita - 08-14-2019, 06:33 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Luath - 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM