• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I would clearly feel blessed, if the sun rose up from the west
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    The frosted roan might indeed best be described as an overgrown child, though honestly, with the similarly sassy remark Lepis just made about his former home, he’d simply felt the need to rebuke. Besides, he figured that it was to be expected by someone who met him before (and got under his skin, and he under hers), that such jokes were bound to be bounced back.

So it is that when the scaled form of Castile nears them and then semi-scolds him, the silver roan snorts a little, the words ‘she started it’ only just in time covered. Seeing Lepis’ mood, he decides against darkening her face any more, as she seemed visibly irritated for a diplomatic-rock-face. Still, when he turns his expression towards Cas, it is both a lighthearted and a semi-affronted one as if to say he’d expected better than to have Castile ask him to be something he isn’t. But it’s not important - it’s the other remark that’s really interesting. Family, huh? Good to know the male had at least succeeded in that thing. Leilan couldn’t currently say the same, after all.

”For starters, it’s good to know that you’re the source of the fire-dragon-smell out here. Found your family and a new home at the same time, didn’t you?” Leilan tells him, ears perked forward in the greeting of the more familiar of the two family members. It’s not that he had ever minded that Castile never came back and this should be clear from his relaxed stance and face - he knew a fire dragon didn’t belong on a frozen island, as much as his frozen self doesn’t belong in Tephra. Or Loess, as a matter of fact. No cacti for Leilan.

He looks around as if searching for a way to continue the conversation, his gaze landing on Lepis. Speaking of prickly things. Not without an invitation, she’d said, and the implication of that remark, combined with Castile’s mentioning of her being a family member, settles finally. He turns back to the dragon-shifter with a frown. ”I didn’t think any of the lands would be on lock-down. Clearly I’ve been away longer than I thought?” Were politics that bad? It really was a shame. Shaking his head a little, though it could easily be rearrangement of his mane, he continues to answer Castile. ”For what it’s worth, I am just looking around - trying to catch up.” A open, sideways nod to Lepis follows, as she had come from the Taiga - the smell is evidence enough, if her northern approach hadn’t been. She represents one of the changes he hadn’t quite picked up on yet. However, it also appears that she had assumed the worst of him - but Leilan had done nothing to indicate he was trying to hide anything, in his opinion. Thus Loess might have made some enemies.

It seemed to him though, that he was caught up plenty in the few moments he was… welcomed… here. Even if his former acquaintance with Castile was worth something, it was only to an extent. And he already knew Lepis hated his guts for some reason, so nothing new there. Only the fact that she now apparently spoke for Loess, which is something she’d never done in his time here - only after Bane got the title.

A tilt of his head follows, as the scaled stallion looks at the other two when the last thought occurs. ”Where’s Bane anyway?” That striped stud had never let a moment pass to exchange insults with the roan. All in good sports, of course. Just like this meeting (should have been).
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

D’aww, sorry @[Lepis] I forgot how quickly he insults her oopsie
    [Castile] your turn because I posted from work
    <3
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I would clearly feel blessed, if the sun rose up from the west - by Leilan - 08-12-2019, 08:32 AM