• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I want to be where the people are // Any
    They are moving away from the water, and Aquaria feels the distance pull at her chest. It's humid on this island, but even so, her skin feels tight and dry. Something else to get used to, she supposes. She shakes the feeling off, a flurry of glittering shed scales dusting the ground. 

As they walk, she listens to the girl, Vita's, brief answer when the question of family comes up. Not an easy subject, then. Her tail flicked as she took the topic back, letting the girl keep her secrets. "The sea folk are mine. The nereids, anyway, not the nasty kelpies. Always going around, biting people. No manners." Her golden nose wrinkled in distaste. 

The unpleasant thought faded quickly, replaced with a smile. "I suppose that depends on whoever's in charge here. I'd like to stay a while. Permanently is maybe a bit too... Well, permanent, for me. But I'd certainly like to reacquaint myself with the island." Her voice was bright as she spoke, gazing around at the trees beginning to pop up through the sand. 

They all rustled a bit in the breeze, but other than that, everything seemed rather stiff. There was no rhythm. No dance to the scene. Only her own limbs still flowed like the sea still flowed along them, a subconscious ballet. The scents on the air, though, that was something new and a little amazing. She didn't use her nose much under water, so the bombardment of odors had her head spinning. 

She stuck her nose in a huge, violet bloom, inhaling the fruity fragrance, then sneezing hard as pollen tickled inside. A giggled bubbled up her throat, eyes sparkling when she looked toward Vita. "Have you smelled these? They're amazing!" She laughed, nibbling a petal experimentally. It tasted like it smelled. She felt like a foal, discovering the world all over again. 

Not bothering to fight the grin taking over her face, she turned once more to her newfound companion. "So, Vita, would you care to show a new girl around? Maybe introduced me to a few of your friends?" The translucent veil of her forelock flopped across her eyes as she bounced lightly on her toes, hoping her new friend would agree to a tour. 

@[Vita]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I want to be where the people are // Any - by Aquaria - 08-09-2019, 09:38 AM