• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I want to be where the people are // Any
    The pallid mare lifted her head in sharp acknowledgment of the soft voice calling to her. A half grown creature approached, splashed and dipped in clear blue and white. Her back was heavily coated in glossy feathers, giving her outline an unfamiliar shape. Still, she seemed harmless enough. Charming, even. 

Still breathing a bit hard, her mouth lifted in a bewildered smile. "Mhmm," she assured, moving into a somewhat more stable position. "Just... Getting my land legs back, s'all." Her body shakes still from the unaccustomed stillness of the beach, eyes rolling lightly at the absurd situation. Really, who over the age of a day struggled so badly with keeping their feet under them? 

Her pelt began to itch as it dried, flaky scales melting back against her skin as hair covered her again for the first time in years. Her gills laid flush against her throat, and she began to resemble a being of land as much as sea. 

Gazing at the teal girl and the surrounding area, her brow furrowed. It wasn't very familiar, beyond the fact that the shore was covered in white sand and edged in rustling palms. But that didn't mean much. Most islands for several leagues in any direction matched that description. Of course, fewer of these isles homed such bright colored horses, but she asked anyway. 

"I was hoping to land in Ischia, if it's still called that. Tell me, did I get my directions right?" The words dropped from her tongue slowly, out of practice. It was strange not to see the words flow in a stream of bubbles from her mouth. 

@[Vita]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I want to be where the people are // Any - by Aquaria - 08-06-2019, 11:14 AM