• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you can't hide from who you are; Starsin

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

Since she was young, she has always held a strange appreciation – borderline obsession – with the powers that others possessed. She did not covet them in the usual sense. She was not envious; she did not long to be able to wield what they could. What she did want, however, was for them to be on her side. Friends in high places had proven to be a successful tactic so far; it had worked well for when Loess needed allies to take on Tephra, and while a clear winner was difficult to discern,  it was no secret that they had wreaked havoc on that land.

And that’s all she ever really wanted – just a little bit of chaos. Just a small spark to brighten up a dull, repetitive world.

She was familiar with Heartfire because she would have to be absolutely ignorant to not know of the Nerinian queen. However, the leader of the North was the only one she had yet to meet. In the back of her mind, a trip to Nerine is on her figurative list of things to do, but her personal life, and trying to adjust to Sylva, had pushed everything to the wayside. Their paths would cross, of that she was sure, but she would much prefer if they could cross on relatively friendly terms than, say, in the crossfires of a new war. She isn’t entirely sure why Loess had not sought an alliance with Nerine, when Heartfire was, quite possibly, one of the most powerful – although quiet – forces among them. She was certainly someone that would be worth getting to know.

There is a flicker of surprise when she realizes that the northern queen has decided to come to her first.

She sees her, standing along the border of Sylva. Her sudden appearance is enough to cause her to glance twice, with a glimmer of confusion that she quickly smooths over with an amicable smile. “Well,” the purr of her voice is thick, and the delight ever present in her intensely dark eyes as she closes the distance between them. “If I had known you were planning on visiting I would have made the place a bit more presentable.” The sentence is punctuated with a laugh, since Sylva was, evidently, empty. There wasn’t much to clean up. “ I’m Starsin.” And here, there is a knowing tilt of her head, with that cloying smile still curled across her lips as she says softly, “But you already knew that, didn’t you, Heartfire?”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you can't hide from who you are; Starsin - by Starsin - 08-04-2019, 04:03 AM