• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Found my Dulcinea but I don't remember when; any

somehow you lost your wonder in your quest to feel alive

For all the fatigue and the exhaustion dripping from her as if it were a tangible veil or curtain… an aura even, she strained to manifest the necessary energy in the moment and found herself slowly growing to acclimate to the exertion she put out, with the smile and gentle posture as it remained. Her eyes flickered  and the pupils widened momentarily, the sight of birds flying between the trees and the motion of things beyond catching her attention just slightly; but more so it was the pulse of heat and blood… the heartbeat within Aodhan she recognized.

“You as well,”  she comments softly, politely, and with no ill intention. “The Meadow?”  she pauses, contemplative and thoughtful- drifting on memories and stories: half imagining the vast stretch of soft clover and flowers… the tall grasses and breeze.  “Ah, moving though? That seems odd, I haven’t known many to leave what feels like home to them… unless it’s not your home. Though, getting kicked out would be a cause for moving...”

Sighing at herself and unsure of what to say or do, she focuses on the now: on Aodhan and all his charm- trying to brew the nothingness into energy and quietly finding herself more and more spent. Still, she shifts her weight and tosses back her hair a bit, shaking free the dust and ivy of her archaic and statuesque ways- a sense of life blossoming somewhere; but not like fire, no.

This was a smoldering ember, a sea of them.

“I apologize for that, losing your home is never easy, or what you imagine is home.”  sentiment and longing drip into her words, and honeyed as they are Cthalpa cannot shake the way she lowers her gaze for passing moments before looking back up at him.  “I’m going anywhere, everywhere… drifting; the world is… so big. I figure I can see it all one day, so I started here.”  honest and gentle she twitches an ear- studying him.

slayed your hope but didn't let yourself know it had died

Cthalpa

@[Aodhan] Work delay sry abt that<3
    PVP: On
    Severe Injury, Permanent Mutilation, and Death Permitted.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Found my Dulcinea but I don't remember when; any - by Cthalpa - 07-31-2019, 01:34 PM