• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Mother's Promise [Bane/Any]

ALL THE DOUBT YOU'RE STANDING IN BETWEEN

Exactly as he’d suspected, Mary’s boy was a shifter. A wolf shifter. And that meant both trouble and possible good luck for the new guardian of the redwoods. Wolfbane watched curiously as the colt shed his one skin and turned into a horse, at the same time trying to mentally tuck the process away for later when he could try it himself. He knew that he was capable of animal shifting but so far, his ability to actually change was lacking. 

In his horse form, Mary’s son was chestnut patched white and his hooves (just like his mother’s) were made of gemstone. His hooves, however, were green and not red.

“Yes Aries,” The stallion told him, reaching down to offer his shimmering blue nose for a sniff, “I’m Wolfbane. You did a good thing, coming here.” He lied outright.

The truth was anything but. If Castile found out Mary and Sinner’s son… no, if Lepis found out who this colt belonged to, Aries might not last the night. But if he could convince them that the youngling was more of an asset than a problem, things might be okay. To Bane the small boy meant more than political gain but to his wife and the King of Loess? He was dangerous. A seed that could grow into a wicked tree of revenge.

“Your mom sent you here to train with me, understand?” Wolfbane quickly made up, glaring down at the leggy colt with a serious expression, “If you listen and learn, you’ll be the strongest and the best. I promise.” Bane assured him. “And if you don’t listen and learn, Mary said I could take you to the edge of the world and kick you off.” He teased, smirking.

It was unlike him to try and be so forcefully easygoing, or to outright lie as much as he was lying right now, but for the sake of Bane’s life, Aries life, and maybe even Mary’s life it seemed necessary to do. “Will you behave and study under me, as my apprentice? Mary told me you were the brightest star of all her children. Is that right?”

WITH WOUNDS THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS SEEN

WOLFBANE

@[Aries]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    A Mother's Promise [Bane/Any] - by Aries - 07-09-2019, 08:07 PM
    RE: A Mother's Promise [Bane/Any] - by Wolfbane - 07-14-2019, 05:59 PM
    RE: A Mother's Promise [Bane/Any] - by Aries - 07-19-2019, 08:20 AM
    RE: A Mother's Promise [Bane/Any] - by Wolfbane - 07-24-2019, 09:21 PM
    RE: A Mother's Promise [Bane/Any] - by Aries - 07-26-2019, 02:01 PM
    RE: A Mother's Promise [Bane/Any] - by Wolfbane - 08-06-2019, 02:22 PM
    RE: A Mother's Promise [Bane/Any] - by Aries - 08-09-2019, 04:35 PM