• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you've got a lot to learn in the ways of me; adria or anyone

-Adria-

Her children from last season are fully self-sufficient. They don’t need Adria anymore for survival, at least Luath certainly doesn’t. Ionia lingers around because the world is still too big, but she doesn’t spend as much time with Adria as before. Being a mother is embarrassing, apparently. Which makes Adria smile.

But she’s not sad about their growth. It brings her peace and plenty of time to return to the ocean, alone to practice her arts and tie her magic into the rhythmic roots of this Island and her sisters.

Eyes closed and thousands of leagues into the cold, dark depths below Ischia, Adria the Nereid felt the feather-light touch of ripples from the east. It would seem that someone new was coming. Someone who didn’t swim the same way fins moved, or the same way familiar hooves like Ruinam, Vita and Wrena moved.

Her bright yellow eyes flicked open. Adria rose as if she were jumping underwater and used her power to wrap strong currents around her. The funnel carried her up and out, angled like an arrowhead that curved towards the surface until she burst through in a leaping shower of sea spray. Down she landed, shaking her wet head and sending her mane flying, trotting forward across the sand with an eager expression brightening her already bright face.

Mèsi Vita,” Adria thanked her newest member in a gasping breath of air. “I came as quickly as I could.” She sighed, laughing at her little show.

In a snap, both her head and her attention turned to the visitor.

“A foreigner?” The sea mare’s accented tone branded Starsin, part curiosity and part fascination. “Don’t let me interrupt though.” The elder female corrected herself smoothly, reaching forward with her soft, slender nose to brush Vita’s forelock like a worried mother.

She wanted to see what this star-horse had to say.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Starsin] @[Vita]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've got a lot to learn in the ways of me; adria or anyone - by Adria - 07-24-2019, 06:24 PM