• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i bet on losing dogs
    Midnight

It is strange to feel enraptured at such a young age. Midnight’s eyes are wide and mesmerized at the subtle changes of Larke’s face. It is awe but . . . somehow, it is empty, like a heat mirage wavering above a poorly travelled road. It is not attraction that draws him, in an adult sense of the word; yet, the colt feels as if he has found the magnet perfectly opposite to him.

He smiles at her name - Larke, like birds amongst her home. Midnight draws light together in the shape of a bird, orders it to flap and then land between his new companion’s ears. “Larke,” he repeats, then the little creature dissipates. A bright white halo settles atop his head, illuminating his face like the first break of sunlight on a stormy day. He wants to place it over head, to murmur in his typical, blunt way, angel; because she is an angel, at least in the sense a child knows it (a savior).

“Larke,” the black and white colt states, “have you ever thought that you look like a lark?” He does not mean that in a literal way - he has no idea what a lark even looks like, though he is certain this filly is a little bird. The delicate wave of her voice paired with such soft, silky eyes. He is certain if she tried to sing, she would be beautiful. “I don’t think my sister would like you. Isn’t that really funny? You are from Tephra and very soft, but I still like you. Starsin is weird.”

now I wake up in the mornings and all the kindness is drained out of me
    i spend hours just wincing and trying to regain some sense of peace

@[larke] wow he is a weirdo

Messages In This Thread
    i bet on losing dogs - by midnight - 06-07-2019, 11:23 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by larke - 06-08-2019, 04:39 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by midnight - 06-25-2019, 08:45 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by larke - 07-06-2019, 06:29 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by midnight - 07-08-2019, 12:40 AM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by larke - 08-03-2019, 08:34 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by midnight - 08-04-2019, 05:56 PM
    RE: i bet on losing dogs - by larke - 08-04-2019, 11:54 PM