• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she's a little explosion of hope

She notices beautiful things.

The sun slowly rises on the Meadow, her home all of her years. She'd long since figured out her limits, the extent to which she could expose herself to the sun before it became unbearable, and this place was perfect - well-shaded, tall grass covering her legs whenever she had to venture out in the day, however rare such an occurance was. Of course, if she had any open sores on her legs the grass would cause her agony as it slid by her skin but...not every day was like that.

She notices beautiful things because she herself has always been a monster - physically, at least. And for some, that was enough to condemn her entirely.

That day wasn't so bad. The sores were minimal, one festering beneath her right eye and a starburst pattern scabbing over on her chest - it was, in honesty, a banner day for her health. It was for that reason that she was found enjoying the sunrise, braving the discomfort of the sun on her sensitive skin in defiance of her physical tether. It was then that she noticed the sun-streak young mare come in to the meadow, a second sun! And so bright as to burn the ragged black thing hiding from the rays.

But Anhedonia can never stay away, as lonely as she is. Just a word, a desperate kindness, can slake her thirst for days.

Anhedonia proceeds further through the grass, taking the risk of straying from the safety of the dense line of trees she's lived in since her first year. The grass is tall enough to tickle the sores on her chest but she can ignore it. A better day, surely. Despite a lack of tears, the dark mare can see the sadness writ on the younger mare's face, hear the quiet words as she approaches. She clears her throat, hoping not to startle the golden one, though her appearance was like to be disturbing regardless. She was used to that though.

"What does Lilli look like? I live here - maybe I've seen her come through," offers Anhedonia. 

Anhedonia

through all the shallow rifts i had to wade,
    this could have become my darkest hour.
    enough of days living in the shade.

@[Elaina]

Messages In This Thread
    she's a little explosion of hope - by Elaina - 07-01-2019, 05:49 PM
    RE: she's a little explosion of hope - by Anhedonia - 07-01-2019, 09:32 PM
    RE: she's a little explosion of hope - by Elaina - 07-07-2019, 01:14 AM
    RE: she's a little explosion of hope - by Elaina - 07-17-2019, 11:42 AM