• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  You say it best when you say nothing at all; any
    It is an odd feeling to know someone - though he is sure she is not the only one - can simply drop into his mind and reach the words he could never say. It is an odd feeling indeed, but as he settled into the idea that she could "hear" him relief flooded the core of him. It felt like a flood gate collapsing beneath the weight of many decades of embarrassment, grief, self pity, and rejection.

A smile crashed across his face, honestly he wasn't even to sure he remembered HOW to smile. He imagined it looked more like a broken grimace more than a smile.

I'm sorry... about the smile it's not my strong suit.. I don't mind. I dont think. It's quite... I don't know how to explain it... nice.

The words bounced around his head, messy and uncertain. He didn't know how to do this.

The autum wind tangled between his mossy green forelock pulling it in threads across his reddene hide. The contrast was pleasing to the eyes. It was a mirror of who he was and who he tried to be. Warm on the inside eager to please and find some where to belong and cool on the outside, putting up walls to guard not himself but others he didn't want to disappoint. All she had to do was look into his mind to know he appreciated her, even if they had just met.

Olver

He had not engaged in any form of conversation.. well .. ever so he was sure this was all wrong.

A real grimace traced his face as his shoulders went up in apology.

@[Persea]
    BQolver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You say it best when you say nothing at all; any - by Olver - 06-26-2019, 05:27 PM