• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  You say it best when you say nothing at all; any

All of the voices inside of my mind will never be silenced

She eyes him warily, but a certain softness shines about her, a kindness that is unmistakable. She is not filled as endlessly with joy as her father, but she had learned of the goodness in the world from him. Her mother had tried to instil in her a greater practicality, but it is impossible to escape either of their influences. (She does wonder sometimes, what had ever brought them together to begin with. They are so very opposite from each other. But that is a musing for another day.)

At first he seems as though he expected her to reject him. Indeed, his thoughts sway towards the way she might soon grow tired of waiting for him. Might find someone more worthy. She is confused for a moment, but then, with the understanding that the words in his mind could never pass his lips, the confusion eases into ache of understanding. What must that be like? To have a head full of thoughts and no easy way to express them? After all, so many are not like her. Most cannot peer into another’s minds and read what was never spoken.

She eases closer, resisting the urge to reach out to him. To touch him, offer comfort. It comes so naturally to her, the simple act of friendly touch. But experience has taught her many do not care for it as she does.

As his thoughts resound in her own mind, a reflection of the voice he imagined he would have could he speak, she dips her head briefly. Had she the ability, her cheeks might have flooded pink in her embarrassment as it dawns on her how startling it must have been to realize his own thoughts are not private near her. She does not try to intrude, but she cannot seem to help it.

“Yes,” she replies slowly, lifting her gaze to peer a bit sheepishly at him. “I can. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to intrude. I hope you don’t mind.”

until I can find a way to let go of what we left behind

persea

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You say it best when you say nothing at all; any - by Persea - 06-26-2019, 04:27 PM