• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not all who wander are lost - any

Aodhán
    little fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    The young stallion knows he had been impolite to question the other two so much, but he gets confirmation from the mare that Aten still rules here. Visibly relaxing, relieved that not too much time has passed and that also, this meant that Taiga would not consider him a trespasser, as he was of Nerine (technically) and this was a land free to pass through; thus he hardly noticed the falcon nearing them or the silent tension in the other young man for a while.
    When the falcon drags the mare’s attention away, the spotted stallion studies the animal. He’s way too involved with the buckskin, but doesn’t speak like an avian shifter would. While he focuses on the bird, an involuntary change appears on the white-and-gold stud as his skin portrays a few feathers, and then sharp-shaped wings appear; wings built for speed like a falcon’s. But Turul leaves with Izora Lethia, and Aodhán doesn’t have the time to think of the beak and talons to shift any further.

In fact, he doesn’t even have time to think much at all. The mare has left quickly, which leaves the two young men to inspect one another.

The cremello-dun catches the knabstrup hybrid’s attention, and the spotted one nods at him at the question. ”He was an acquaintance of my father, I believe. This is good though. I haven’t been a stone for ages, I think.” he offers, indication that he’d merely asked to know if it was safe to dwell here and if not too much time had passed. Which seemed to be the case.

Curiously, Aodhán now inspects his new wings, and then shakes his head at Pteron. ”No. My sister is a rock manipulator, and she brought me a Cure for the Plague to try… I don’t think I have quite mastered the magic which was in it, yet.” Evident by the constant changes of his body, too.

With a frown and closed eyes, the feathers on him disappear, save for the wings, which he then moves, stretching them and waving them up and down a bit. ”I suppose I should try it out, don’t you think?” he cocks his head at Pteron. But then he remembers that the other stallion has no wings to show for, and folds the new ones back to his sides. Maybe later. He wonders if he could change his colour too - but perhaps it would be rude to shift into the image of Pteron himself, so he doesn’t.

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    Not all who wander are lost - any - by Aodhan - 06-13-2019, 02:53 PM
    RE: Not all who wander are lost - any - by Pteron - 06-15-2019, 12:07 AM
    RE: Not all who wander are lost - any - by Aodhan - 06-16-2019, 05:54 AM
    RE: Not all who wander are lost - any - by Pteron - 06-16-2019, 02:59 PM
    RE: Not all who wander are lost - any - by Aodhan - 06-17-2019, 12:06 AM
    RE: Not all who wander are lost - any - by Pteron - 06-21-2019, 06:10 PM
    RE: Not all who wander are lost - any - by Aodhan - 06-22-2019, 11:28 AM
    RE: Not all who wander are lost - any - by Pteron - 06-22-2019, 11:57 AM
    RE: Not all who wander are lost - any - by Aodhan - 06-22-2019, 04:34 PM
    RE: Not all who wander are lost - any - by Pteron - 06-28-2019, 07:15 AM