• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

pull me back to shore; any, maybe a kid
    She was born in the winter, where she should have been weak and tired, but the world had already taken so much from her. Virgo kissed her goodbye and left her shivering among the orphans but Kensa was quick to blanket her in a mother’s love. She thrived there, nestled beside her brother and eager to explore with him at her side. The past year has given her stronger legs and the kind of unwavering energy that would put an albatross to shame.

But she is careful with Kelynen, always pausing and smiling so patiently when he hesitates or stops to rest. She loves her sibling more than she loves the adventure and it shows in the way she lightly bumps her nose to his cheek. The ghost stories had only served to make her curiosity for Taiga more ravenous than before and the dense fog sets her heart thumping against her chest. Her smile is tenacious, daring any kind of danger to cross her path. Caw would be so proud if she could only see her youngest child now.

Don’t be afraid, Kel! I will be your fierce protector!” she assures him, puffing out her chest proudly as her flat teeth turn to the fangs of a young snow leopard. Her kitten teeth cannot do much but they give her the confidence of a battle worn soldier all the same. Risk clacks her teeth together playfully before hurrying forward.

Until a yelp stops her in her tracks.

She freezes, one hoof still hovering in the air as she turns to look at Kelynen, her ears swiveling to find the source of the sound. The girl does not move as the clouds lazily move ever forward, allowing a patch of sunlight to bleed across her black and copper body. There is a soft, sad voice nearby that makes her bristle and clench her kitten fangs together as she tries to steel herself against the blooming fear in her chest. But Risk was not born of cowards, nor was she raised by one, and so she hurries forward, hooves turning to claws.

She hasn’t learned how to completely shift just yet but she crouches quickly as she breaks through the underbrush, poised to pounce whatever ghost or monster seeks to harm them.

Except it’s not a ghost.
    It’s not any kind of monster at all.

She blinks in confusion and slowly stands up straight as her hooves and teeth return to normal. He’s trapped and alone in a place as scary as this. Risk bounces up in a little half rear to find Kelynen behind the brushes she burst through and calls his name.

Kel! It’s not a monster!” she yells, bouncing again to continue speaking. “He’s stuck! Come help me!
    may my enemies live long
    Risk
    so they can see me prosper.
    @[harbinger] @[Kelynen]

Messages In This Thread
    pull me back to shore; any, maybe a kid - by harbinger - 06-18-2019, 10:38 PM
    RE: pull me back to shore; any, maybe a kid - by Risk - 06-20-2019, 06:01 PM