• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Someone please amuse me [any]

God, Gallows, you are so stupid.

I knew that name sounded familiar and I should have checked further. I read minds for heaven's sake, and yet I didn't connect the dots of Eight the child (to me anyways) and Eight, the current ruler of the Valley.

Let's just call this one an off day.

A rush of pride fills my chest. Eight is all grown up and running a kingdom. Our Kingdom. And not gonna lie, I feel weirdly satisfied that the Valley is in the hands of someone who has known her for ages. I'm not going to say that, because this isn't a damn Hallmark movie, but it's apparent I am pleased.

"Hello Eight." I grin. "Same old story. I was bored."

Which is bullshit, of course.

I glance over the hills. "This place, honestly. I keep coming back. Pretty sure at this point I'm the Valley's bitch." I shake my head to clear all of the memories that come rushing back. I fix my clear brown eyes on Eight. "What can I do for you, and for our home?"

Let's hear what the king has to say. How well does he know his kingdom, and to what use can he put me? Ambition, after all, has never been my goal. I had the throne nearly thrust upon me. It was useful, but only inasmuch as it helped me achieve my goal of fortifying the Valley. Scullery wench or mistress, it makes no difference to me.

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Messages In This Thread
    Someone please amuse me [any] - by Gallows - 08-11-2015, 06:45 PM
    RE: Someone please amuse me [any] - by Eight - 08-12-2015, 08:05 AM
    RE: Someone please amuse me [any] - by Gallows - 08-12-2015, 07:16 PM
    RE: Someone please amuse me [any] - by Thorunn - 08-18-2015, 10:12 PM
    Someone please amuse me [any] - by Gallows - 08-21-2015, 09:17 AM
    RE: Someone please amuse me [any] - by Thorunn - 08-25-2015, 10:30 PM