• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

One for All [Heartfire, any]
    Judging by the expression on the steel blue mare's facade, Jesper realizes that his arrival comes as no surprise. Perhaps, Leilan had mentioned the changes on the Isle as he passed through. Maybe Nerine employs a scout among her residents. Or, maybe Heartfire possess a power the shifter has yet to encounter.

The black stands with front limbs parallel to each other and his right hind balanced farther back than his left hind. Jesper's poll maintains an alert height while fur-lined lobes focus upon the subtleties of Heartfire's body language. Ever since he was granted his ability to shift into a canine, he pays far closer attention to the nuances of communication; the tells and the betrayals of one's subconscious. He did not know Heartfire well. So, he would gather as much information as he could.

She greets him with a tone that is casual but her azure gaze is far more intense. He does not falter under her watchful eye. He offers a small smile and, stands still in his comfortable position. Her next words are more inviting and then, she repositions and invites him to speak his part. "Lady Heartfire, I do have a few matters to discuss. I feel as though we should start with my change in position. Did Leilan happen to mention that he left me in charge of the Isle, on his way through?" Her mannerisms upon his arrival lends Jesper to believe she already knew. How she knows is entirely different. He could not be sure and, nothing good comes from assuming. So, why not cover that first?

He allows her time to reply before he continues. "Since we will be working more closely, I would like for us to get to know one another better. Perhaps, my grandsire has given you some insight into my background. I am happy to fill in any blanks or, answer any questions you may have for me." Though one's background does not immediately qualify one to lead, it certainly helps in determining character and, one's character is an important element in the type of leader they will be. Jesper hopes that in offering to share his past with Heartfire, she may offer more about herself in return.

The black listens closely for her response though, allows his aquamarine gaze to scan their surroundings for any movement. Jesper certainly had more questions for her but, he had nowhere else to be. And, he rarely had trouble keeping a conversation going.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Jesper - 05-25-2019, 11:57 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Heartfire - 06-04-2019, 12:59 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Jesper - 06-12-2019, 06:12 AM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Heartfire - 06-20-2019, 04:28 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Brennen - 06-20-2019, 09:15 PM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Jesper - 06-22-2019, 08:19 AM
    RE: One for All [Heartfire, any] - by Heartfire - 06-24-2019, 03:54 PM