• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Someone please amuse me [any]

I have yet to meet the ruler here, and I have to say…. TOTALLY disappointed.
    He does exist right? I mean, I know he does. I've picked up bits and pieces about him from the minds of the half a dozen residents in the Valley. But I want to talk to him, and soon. A slow burn has grown in my chest ever since I realized not only does the Chamber have more members, but that shadow place has enticed my son.

He gets his idiocy from his father.

The Valley can be great, I know it. I'm not about to lie back and let the Chamber fuck the world without getting in on the action. Nothing changes, and inevitably, conflict will return to Beqanna.

But what to wear, what to wear.

I waltz around the Valley like I belong. Because, to be perfectly fucking frank, I do. My heart and soul is here and if I were ever to die and be buried (unlikely, but still), you'd better believe I'd be buried here.
    And also haunt the shit out of foals.

The Valley is in my blood, and I don't need anyone's acceptance or permission.

I stretch my wings, unwilling to take flight during the breezeless summer day. Instead, I revisit old haunts and relearn every curve like a lover. But oh how more infinitely satisfying this place is.

Of course, it's not like I have a lot to compare that to. I was the Virgin queen for way more years than I was the fucked one.

I settle near the edge of the tree line, enjoying the play of shadows as the afternoon dips into the evening. A red bay mare with enormous hawk wings, and an entirely average body. I lazily cast my mind around, and pick up only a stray thought here and there.

Come out, come out, wherever you are.

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Messages In This Thread
    Someone please amuse me [any] - by Gallows - 08-11-2015, 06:45 PM
    RE: Someone please amuse me [any] - by Eight - 08-12-2015, 08:05 AM
    RE: Someone please amuse me [any] - by Gallows - 08-12-2015, 07:16 PM
    RE: Someone please amuse me [any] - by Thorunn - 08-18-2015, 10:12 PM
    Someone please amuse me [any] - by Gallows - 08-21-2015, 09:17 AM
    RE: Someone please amuse me [any] - by Thorunn - 08-25-2015, 10:30 PM