• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

far from home

She was expecting company and yet he startled her. It wasn't his fault. For a reason unknown to Iset, beyond flashes of angry faces and loud whinnies in her dreams, she was prone to startle. It made her feel silly, useless, childish.

Embarrassment flooded her features, quickly followed by a shy smile. She was grateful for his kind attention, and it shows in her warm brown eyes. His humor is infectious.

"I think I can do somewhere around 40 miles an hour." Iset mused, a thoughtful look on her face. "But I suppose if the clouds are moving, too, it isn't going to do any good."

She made a face, "I don't like water."

The black mare looks out over the Dale and her inhabitants. It's peaceful, but also filled with horses having lively discussions. Iset feels shy in the face of such a place, but if perhaps she meets only a few at a time,  like this stallion and Ely, she can keep away the anxiety.

"Oh! Um, my name is Isetnofret. What's yours? Do you live here, too? I mean, I don't live here for sure yet, but I'd like to."

She glances at him, studying the pretty red and white pattern on his coat. His coloring may not be special to him, but she's never seen it before. Horses where she come from are bay or black or gray, and not much else. It's the desert. It scorched the life and luster out of everything so that all that remained was muddy brown sand covered figures moving about.

"Can you tell me about this place? All I really know is that Ely called it the Dale." A good natured grin crinkled her features. "And that it is an excellent place to hide from the rain."

Messages In This Thread
    far from home - by Isetnofret - 08-11-2015, 07:42 AM
    RE: far from home - by Weir - 08-11-2015, 12:27 PM
    far from home - by Isetnofret - 08-11-2015, 06:13 PM
    love is a temporary madness... - by Elysteria - 08-11-2015, 09:41 PM
    RE: far from home - by Weir - 08-14-2015, 09:46 AM
    RE: far from home - by Isetnofret - 08-16-2015, 10:06 AM
    love is a temporary madness... - by Elysteria - 08-18-2015, 09:31 PM
    RE: far from home - by Weir - 08-23-2015, 03:14 PM