• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so show me where my armor ends; wolfbane
    “Not Sylva,” she replies, a verbal confirmation of the questioning doubt in her husband’s eyes. “I’d rather Castile burn it to the ground.”

There is a stoniness in her grey eyes deeper than the shade of them, and a flicker of rage for the briefest of moments. Her refusal to grant the denizens of the forest respite from the Plague has become a thing of the past, but the ire of the dun mare has not faded. Years have passed since her captivity in the woods, but the fiery woods still illuminate her dreams. They are not nightmares, at least not anymore, but they are not scarce.

“I’ve never traveled,” she says, as though this somehow fits into the conversation they’d been having. “I think I’d like to visit the Taiga.”

The dun mare has been few places, but she had loved her mother’s stories of the redwood forests as a child. Heda had called the place home, once, and Lepis imagines that she must miss it from time to time. It’s a quiet place, she knows. Unassuming and ignored by the rest of Beqanna, the foggy forest still occupies a rather strategic location. The place is appealing in several ways, and the dark-eyed mare glances up at Wolfbane with fire replacing the somber stoniness of her gaze.

“Let’s take the children,” she adds, stretching up to place a kiss on the blue slope of his cheek. There are changes coming, but as she looks at him she doesn't doubt they can weather them.

@[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: so show me where my armor ends; wolfbane - by Lepis - 05-09-2019, 09:35 PM