• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when the truth hunts you down; Castile, any

She's got the devil's eyes

She is not fool enough to believe that whatever attachment he has to Nerine through his mother and his childhood would survive if their respective kingdoms were at odds. And that, more than anything, is why she had come. Because there is too much left to interpretation here, and she does not care for that kind of uncertainty.

She watches almost idly as he considers her question. Of course, she is anything but idle, though one would be hard-pressed to wring any kind of reaction from her. No, she is quite actively observing the nuances of his movements, the gleam of his eye, the subtle shifting of a wing or an ear. Whether Castile wished it or not, each of these tells her something.

Castile might counter her pointed musings with bold curiosity and mischief, but he is as uncertain of her desires as she is of his. She almost smiles at this, recognizing an impasse when she sees one. But then, she hadn’t come expecting to find out anything she didn’t already know. Truthfully, she already knew far more than he would likely be comfortable with. Of course, she had always been very good at holding her cards close to her chest.

“You know these types of events always have a ripple effect Castile,” she replies, answering his question in her usual way. Her blue eyes are sharp as she lifts one brow almost mildly. “And anything that might… ripple into my kingdom is always a concern of mine.”

She would not demure on that point, even to placate the dragon king

Her lips twitch as he continues. He might see it as a response to his sudden mischievousness, but that does not amuse her nearly so much as his mention of classified information. Of course, they likely have vastly different ideas of what is classified and what is not.

“I’m a patient woman,” she replies simply, somewhat cryptically. Though f he recalled anything of her at all, he must know she has a particular skill in discovering information. “But tell me then, what would you propose in an alliance?”

After all, he couldn’t possibly expect her to make such decisions with nothing to go on.

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when the truth hunts you down; Castile, any - by Heartfire - 05-03-2019, 05:07 PM