• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  catch a rat by her tail
    peregrine jude
    i glow pink in the night in my room

The babble of the water beneath her is the only thing holding her back from giving Vadar a firm kick in the legs. Jude’s ears twitch as the water rushes by. She bites the inside of her mouth to keep from spitting vitriol buried in the cruelest parts of herself. This is not the charming man she met at the River some years before, that much is sure. Perhaps it is the pegasus’ fault for having such expectations on one she met once, but for now she sits in the discomfort of swallowing anger.

Flamingo! He called me a fucking flamingo!

The woman from a few years ago may have startled back at the shifting boulder; she might have peered at its empty eyes in disgust. Instead, she looks at the little creature with contempt, then rolls her pale eyes up to Vadar’s bright ones. Everything about her stance says “Is that supposed to impress me?” Her disenchantment matches well with the unimpressed tilt of her counterpart’s face. For a moment, they stand off.

Asshole.

The frown on her face dissipates into a blank stare, then a near-crazed smile. Asshole, sure, but the youthful girl of old crawls her way out of her grave. Jude remembers how much she liked assholes.

“Yeah, it was okay,” she says, flicking her mane from her eyes and staring beyond Vadar. Her eyes are as hot as blue fire. “It could’ve been better. You couldn’t really seal the deal.” When her eyes alight on his again, they are as sharp as a cold blade. “Maybe my memory is off. Maybe we didn’t hit it off as well as I thought.” She rolls her eyes in a languid circle, lazy smile decorating her mouth.

The pause is long and irate: the pegasus’ skin boils beneath the sun and her agitation. She wants to frown at how she is drawn to his quick tongue, but cannot find the strength; she folds into the feeling instead.

“I think I like this Vadar, though,” she drawls, arching her neck. Trouble glints in her eyes as she watches him. “He’s kinda hot,” she stops, mouth turning down, “even if he’s ugly as sin.”

i've been blossoming alone over you

@[Vadar]

Messages In This Thread
    catch a rat by her tail - by peregrine jude - 04-01-2019, 04:38 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by Vadar - 04-07-2019, 07:38 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by peregrine jude - 04-19-2019, 08:03 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by Vadar - 04-22-2019, 01:50 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by peregrine jude - 04-26-2019, 09:28 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by Vadar - 05-01-2019, 08:54 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by peregrine jude - 05-11-2019, 09:35 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by Vadar - 05-13-2019, 11:33 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by peregrine jude - 05-27-2019, 03:24 PM