• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Long May She Reign {Valdis}

how come I never got used to the feeling of sleeping in a cage?
    too long driving, too damn hungry; a tied-up hound but nothing stays

Mary yells, and Valdis’ body kindles a flame. It engulfs her, threateningly, ominously. Even as anger rolls off Mary in waves, Valdis doesn’t cower away. Her stubbornness – something her mother warned her about – refuses to shrink underneath the vehement stare of the Sylvan monarch. Her talons continue to knead the soil underneath and shred the fallen leaves.

Who the hell do you think you are, she scolds, and is immediately met by a step forward. ”Valdis, and I will never bow down to the likes of you.” A malicious snarl curls back her lips and her blue eyes flash with bold defiance. ”You are not a Queen in my eyes – merely a fool trying to play as one.” Although she doesn’t shout, her voice is slick like oil, drenched with disgust and hate. Every word, seething and sharp, hisses through her lips without regret. ”You wouldn’t have your title if not for Sinner,” somehow, she can see it – how his being and presence overshadows hers, how he perceives no one has his equal.

They are all inferior, all below him.

The fire engulfing Valdis rages for another moment longer, debating whether to utilize it further and lay harm on the woman.

But then the children come to mind, and she sneers. A breath slowly sighs from her lungs and the flames dissipate until a mere crackle on the surface of her skin – still ready, but idle. ”Mary, don’t think for a second that you can be rid of me so easily,” oddly – frighteningly – Valdis smiles. It radiates smugness and contempt, all while daring her to even try.

”News flash,” she snaps, ”senseless fucking of multiple men doesn’t mean you have a bond.” She doesn’t breach the children, doesn’t even acknowledge how easily Mary refers to them as niece and nephew. Truth be told, Valdis isn’t certain whether she will be able to ever accept them as family.

Valdis

@[Mary]

Messages In This Thread
    Long May She Reign {Valdis} - by Mary - 03-18-2019, 09:21 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Valdis} - by Valdis - 04-18-2019, 01:51 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Valdis} - by Mary - 04-18-2019, 02:47 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Valdis} - by Castile - 04-19-2019, 02:27 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Valdis} - by Mary - 04-19-2019, 03:05 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Valdis} - by Valdis - 04-23-2019, 01:50 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Valdis} - by Mary - 04-23-2019, 02:35 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Valdis} - by Valdis - 04-29-2019, 02:01 PM