• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

how it can hold me up and kill me in the end; vulgaris
    " every scar will build my throne. "
    Despite all his best efforts and well made plans, the world insists on crashing down around him a little more each day. He shoulders the weight of all it as much as he can stand. Yet his hands are too clumsy to craft a perfect life for Leliana or their daughters regardless of his tireless efforts. Every fragile fraction of carefully sculpted adoration gets crushed in the palm of his hand like spun glass. But each time he’s prepared to start again. These ugly hands will find beauty and offer it all up to her as a sacrifice someday.

Darling takes the hint and slips off into the shadows as she always does. He knows she’ll lurk around the very borders of the kingdom for a while, to keep an eye on Leliana to ensure she doesn’t get hurt again. But this time they’re going to begin again; they’ll take these broken shards of their old life and shape it into something built to last.

The serpent kisses along the frail line of her jaw as she speaks and the words ‘my Vulgaris’ send a shiver up his spine. Something like lust but deeper claws its way into his spine. He needs more than her body, more than these words and sad eyes. God, he wants to bite into the candy red of her heart and keep it all to himself. He wants to dive into her bottomless love and drown in it. She’d let him. A thousand times, she’d let him wrap himself up in all her affections but he has to promise her safety this time.

He can’t demand anything of her if he can’t swear to her that this really is the last time she’ll have to forgive him.

I’ll find a way to get all my memories back. Someday soon I’m going to deserve a wife like you,” he says softly as he kisses her forehead. “I promise we’ll be happy again.

His lips rest there against her head as he breathes in the smell of the flowers in her hair. He doesn’t know where to begin with recollecting all the memories locked inside his mind but for now he’s thankful to have this moment with her.

VulgariS
    @[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: how it can hold me up and kill me in the end; vulgaris - by vulgaris - 04-21-2019, 12:37 AM