• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think your love would be too much, starsin.

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She can almost feel the way he begins to splinter, and the guilt wells inside of her like a crescendo. He was her kryptonite; the only thing in this world that had the power to break through her superficial hostility and make her second-guess – and sometimes almost regret – the way that she behaved. He had a way of leaving her wishing that she could be more transparent. If only she could lighten herself even a miniscule amount, and not be so intent on appearing indifferent to everything he does and says, but even though she consciously thinks it, her shield is thrown up involuntarily.

But she lowers it, for now, her lips finding the curve of his cheek, and lipping at his throatlatch. “Sometimes I feel as though I’m a curse to you rather than a blessing.” Briefly, her silvery lids cover her eyes when he lays a kiss against her neck, almost unable to ignore the butterflies that it stirs to life in the pit of her stomach. She had just dipped her head to rest it beneath his when a childish voice interrupts the subdued spell he had put her under.

Instantly, her dark blue eyes snap open, irritation flashing in them first. It’s not until she turns – disentangling herself from Ophanim in the process – that suspicion rises like bile in her throat. The colt’s coloring is almost a mirror image to Ophanim’s, with similar bright blue eyes, and talons that are reminiscent to the other draconian qualities that he possessed. She can feel her heart thundering in her chest, with heat flaring in her cheeks. When her razor sharp gaze snaps to the face of the stallion next to her, her eyes are void of any of the kindness that had previously been there. Whatever warmth he had managed to procure was now ice-cold, and her words are just as frigid as she all but ignores the colt’s introduction and asks Ophanim directly, “What the hell is this?”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think your love would be too much, starsin. - by Starsin - 04-17-2019, 11:53 PM