• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you were a vision in the morning when the light came through

Aodhán
    little fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    I’m strolling today, not sure where to go. Mamma would probably say I got my father's wanderlust; heck, he'd probably agree. I know they noticed my blue shells too, but they didn't seem willing to talk too much about it. I guess maybe they're just glad I made it back in one piece.

What I don't know is how my sister went before me, and maybe they had gotten used to it somewhat. Or maybe my little brother Ilan takes up too much of their time (I didn't know back then he was in there, but the pregnancy might have distracted my mom). Thinking of my little brother makes me happy. He's cute, with all the dots on him. Eurwen looked a bit like that too, before. She has the gold in her mane, or at least the metallic shine these days. Used to be my kind of gold, you know, on the spots; but ever since she went all-pink with her dots something is different about her. Not that I mind, she will forever be my very best big sister; I don't have much to compare her with, since Oisín isn't exactly the babysitter type.

I've heard about other siblings too, but I've never met them. I was quite a happy young boy growing up if I'm honest. Papa always says I will be better than him, but I don't know about that yet. He seems pretty okay to me, now. Or perhaps I don't really think about what happened before I came to life.

As I wander, the night falls, but I don't feel like going back yet. Somehow there's something pulling me here. I don't know why, not what I'm looking for... until a shimmer of gold catches my eye up ahead. Ooooh how exciting is this. Someone with gold on them, surely I should investigate. I thread closer, but when I do, I notice some other stallion (much older than me) standing up ahead. It doesn't appear like he saw me, but is more or less captivated by the golden shimmer, much like me.

My throat itches. No, don't. I can say hello first. I suppress the cough with a snort, then walk up to the stallion. "What are we staring at?" I ask curiously, wondering why he seems so captivated (I haven't actually experienced anything close to love or even attraction with my 1,5 years old). Still, when I follow his gaze, I grin widely. "Hiya!" I greet the blue roan mare loudly - unfortunately for this fellow, I am not the silent type.

@[Chryseis] @[Aldric] Sorry I'm late to the party and crashing it <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you were a vision in the morning when the light came through - by Aodhan - 04-06-2019, 11:33 AM