• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think your love would be too much, starsin.

Ophanim

He doesn’t seem to mind the wait until she curls against his side, the demon playing house pet. Ophanim doesn’t even hesitate when he leans into her and trails his lips along her shoulder, up her neck, and finally along her slender jawline. She states the obvious and he laughs softly against the warmth of her skin. Being pressed so tight to her side spreads the same golden haze as when he first wakes up, that blissful place before he remembers all his troubles. He doesn’t even mind that she smells like other men or wonder just how long she had to be around them to carry their scent mingled with her own.

You don’t have to worry about me. It doesn’t hurt so bad. I feel better already just being around you, Starsin,” he whispers as he tries to ignore the narrowed suspicion in her eyes. Nevermind the others, nevermind the way he tried to fill the void while she was away again. He’s grown ravenous for her affections and laying awake at night wondering if he has to fall asleep alone again. At least when he vanished himself, he knew for certain there was no one seeking him out to fall asleep beneath his wing. Every second away from her left him feeling like all the life between his ribs had been hollowed out and left to dry.

But he doesn’t admit any of this. He just nods in response to her question.

Sometimes I try to hold my breath until I’m with you again,” he says with a smile already sneaking across his lips. “I get dizzy a lot.

He coughs lightly and shifts his weight, freeing up enough room for his wing to spread over her and pull her close to him once more. The golden glow of the eyes tattooed across his wing make the stars across her skin shimmer even more brilliantly. Ophanim doesn’t seem to notice the bright fresh blood trickling from his nose while he grooms her mane carefully.

What about you? Did you miss me even a little?

Then he pauses, lips pressed into her mane and the golden lines running down his cheeks catching the sun just right. He watches her from the corner of his eye and tries to breathe softer as he strains to listen. His ear turns to catch anything she has to say as he mentally begs her to confess some ounce of adoration for him. Please, please just say something. His ego hinges on her approval, now and forever.
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think your love would be too much, starsin. - by Ophanim - 03-27-2019, 11:21 PM