• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think your love would be too much, starsin.

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

It had not escaped her that Ophanim had been absent. It had been easy to ignore, at first, with Loess serving as a suitable distraction. Somewhere in the corner of her mind she was irked at the fact that he was missing during autumn; she was young, but not stupid. She knew what this season meant. However, there was also a part of her that, against her better judgment and everything that she had been taught, almost trusted him. Perhaps trust was not the correct word — she assumed, rather, that she knew how he would behave. She was the wanderer; she was the one that could not be tethered, the one that handled his heart so flippantly at times. Ophanim had always been steady, unyielding, her anchor to reality. The idea of him purposely doing something that could possibly push her away was not even on her radar.

For him to disappear was uncommon, but it didn’t bother her until things quieted down enough that she began to grow bored — with the kingdom, with Litotes, Whitter, and anyone else she had been whiling away her time with. That was when his absence truly became apparent, and the longer he was gone, the more her impatience began to simmer into a slow boil.

She smells him before she ever sees him, and stubbornly, she does not seek him out right away. She stands beneath one of the few groves of trees that hardly offer protection from the rain that showers across the land, darkening her coat from a slate gray to something that is almost black, save for the scattering of glowing dapples across her sides.

When she finally approaches him, she regards him with a subjective stare, her dark blue eyes nearly glittering with suspicion. “You have been absent,” She says almost idly, but the weight of her words could not be mistaken. She slips alongside of him anyway, her soft lips caressing the damp skin of his cheek before sliding down to his jaw. It is then that she notices the remnants of blood in his nose, and she purses her lips. “We need to find you a healer. Which shouldn’t be hard,” There is almost a hint of amusement when she speaks, knowing they still had a few healers being kept here.

If there had been concern at the sight of the blood, it disappears when she looks to him again, her delicate head cocked to the side when she asks in a voice that is a little too sweet, “Did you miss me at all while you were gone?”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think your love would be too much, starsin. - by Starsin - 03-27-2019, 07:17 PM