• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You can't hide from who you are; Magnus, any

She is what he had expected to find the first time he had travelled to Nerine.

She has the same guarded presence of the Amazons of his memories—that same way of walking the fine line between diplomatic and threatening—and in his own way, he finds it somewhat comforting. Enough that his smile remains easy, a single hip cocked, tail flicking lazily at his scarred haunches. At her reply, he grins and laughs, a low rumble in the base of his throat. “I assure you, I wasn’t uncomfortable.”

After all, he’s faced plenty of things more frightening than an overbearing father.

Still, he rolls a shoulder, letting the distaste in his mouth fade away. He jerks his chin a little, taking a step back and angling toward the center of his home. “Come on in further, Heartfire. There’s no reason for us to continue these conversations on the border.” And then he falls quiet, listening to her as they move toward the more lush parts of the volcanic isle, the ocean breeze carrying the sulphur away.

When they come to a resting point, he relaxes, gold-flecked gaze washing over the scene before him. It doesn’t matter how long he has lived within Tephra, he has never gotten over just how beautiful he finds it. “Beqanna has been quiet lately,” a muscle jumps in his jaw. “But I like to be prepared for when it won’t be anymore.” He angles his head toward her. “I would very much like to have Nerine at our side if and when something like that is to happen.” Then a smile as he pauses, watching her carefully.

MAGNUS | I don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name

@[Heartfire]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You can't hide from who you are; Magnus, any - by magnus - 03-23-2019, 02:32 PM