• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I make the Devil go weak in the knees [Amet]
    Jah-Lilah
    but i will hold on hope
    Live believing dreams are for weaving.

The colt she has loved and tended to as if she birthed him spits venom and hatred, and Jah-Lilah cannot find it in her to defend his sibling, nor his sire. Wincing inwardly, her only tell is a slight twitching at the corners of her eyes as daggers are thrown, she doesn’t even try to dodge them. It would be different if he feelings were based on words unfounded, but he isn’t wrong about the vagabond pegasus. She had fell victim to his spell as well, and is reminded constantly of the blindness that afflicted her while in the whirlwind of his love.

However, he had gave her Crevan, and Gypsy. He had served his purpose and moved on in the world. For that she could be nothing but thankful, however great the anguish she carried inside her.

The anxiety seeps from her Dragon-King’s pores like sweat in the summer, and she knows she is the cause of his troubles. When she passes by him to present herself to Fire-Fang, she shoulders him gently, reminding him that they share a load now. His worries are hers, and vice-versa. He trusts her wholly, and does not move to stop her when she approaches the other stallion, she ponders for a moment on how she could ever express her gratitude for this. His support and protectiveness of her knows no boundaries, and she pulls on this courage now, taking it into her heart and trying to remain strong. Sighing heavily as Crevan rejects her using his old moniker, she takes another potentially reckless step towards him.

And she can see he is changed. Just like a faint stream of electricity runs constantly right below the surface of her pelt, the colt no longer runs hot with flame in his throat. When he shifts his body just so, the light catches on him and he gleams not unlike her own reptilian suitor. Precious metal, she realizes. It matter not what he is now, he is and forever will be her little Fire-Fang, as long as the sorceress takes breath into her lungs. Her heart aches even now as she looks upon him. Oh how she has failed him and his mother in her absence. Never has the red woman felt the vile tinge of regret in all her immortal years, but she suspects it is what she’s experiencing now. Opening her mouth to voice these thoughts of hers, she is cut off sharply before she can utter one word. More accusations, painful statements from a boy still in pain, still tormented by ghosts long gone.

He questions her motives, her mate’s motives, and he is justified in his suspicions. Years have passed, and she has not been here for him like she was when he was but a youngling. ”Fire-” halting herself, she starts again. ”My son, please. Say and do as you please when it comes to me, but you know as well as I the Dragon-King has nothing to do with any of this.” Casting an apologetic and sheepish look at the golden monarch behind her, she never meant to drag him through all of this. ”I honestly don’t know what called me back, young one. Maybe family, maybe a yearning to finally find my place somewhere...maybe even you. I don’t wanna lie to you, I have no clue why I’m here again.” Again he cuts in, swift and ice cold.

The dark haired stallion has a ferocity behind his eyes that my copper wytch has only noticed in predators, and she is aware that it is a product of all his time in that handsome yet deadly lupine form. He wears it so well, almost too well. It is unsettling and exciting all at once, and although he seeks to use canine body language to threaten and intimidate her, she doesn’t back down, doesn’t shy awake. Still she loves him so, even is he will be the demise of her. All Jah can see in him is the gangly, diminutive foal that burst through the foliage with an overwhelmed, panicked Circinae chasing after him. When he accuses her of seeking a place in the court of the royal, she nearly bursts into laughter. Me? She says incredulously, disbelief plain as day on her face. ”When have you ever known me to give a flying fuck about a title? About a crown? The only time I ever even paid attention to politics was when the Wolf-of-the-Water desired a kingdom of her own, and I would have followed her to hell and back. I love her, son. And I love you.”

Squeezing her eyes shut tight, she braces herself and says a silent prayer. When she opens them again, she tilts her dainty head and reaches out to him, top lip wiggling. The weary mare longs to touch him, to hold him, to tell him everything was going to be alright, and the Earth-Mother’s plan would be revealed in time. Exhaling, she blows hard several times, sides moving in and out rapidly in anticipation. Softly, she speaks to him. If there were any others in the vale now save the three of them, they wouldn’t hear a word. That’s alright though, these words weren’t meant for them.

”Fire-Fang, I’m so sorry for hurting you. The Wind, your sire...he abandoned me as well, but not before making me a mother. I shouldn’t have left you like he did, like they all did, but I’m here now.” Hopeful, her muscles tremble beneath her skin as she stands across from her firstborn, heart thumping so obnoxiously in her ears it nearly deafens her.

Wonders are waiting to start.
    there will be no comfort in the shade of the shadows thrown

@[Amet] @[Crevan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I make the Devil go weak in the knees [Amet] - by Jah-Lilah - 03-22-2019, 12:48 AM