• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I make the Devil go weak in the knees [Amet]

Our skin gets thicker, living out in the snow

CREVAN

As his guts spilled out in the form of a cathartic tongue-lashing, Crevan can feel the weight of so many years beginning to lift clear of his shoulders. When Jah arrives, her shadowy head lifted and her eyes staring down at him with that same disapproving look Crevan knew so well, the energy for being deathly angry has all but left him. His dark brown shoulders are moving up and down in the quiet dark as he huffs from lack of air, one side of his mouth curled up like Amet’s to show useless, blunt teeth.

“You don’t get to call me that.” The wolf-shifter mutters while Jah-Lilah finishes up. His childhood name would never sound the same coming from her lips. Anyways, the ability to spit flame had all but sputtered out years before. If anything, Crevan was Iron-Fang now. They could clearly see it in the pale gleam of the moon’s pewter-colored light: at the root of each bared tooth a silvery type of metal gleamed whenever he spoke.

The core of him was made of the same material. He couldn’t break his bones anymore, in fact nothing short of metal-type magic or powers could. Crevan didn’t need fire on his side, not when he was practically indestructible. “Enlighten me then. Nothing short of personal gain would bring you two back, so what is it? Hmm?” He questions them both, making out their shapes in the night.

Perhaps they’d forgotten how it’d ended, (Amet wasn’t even in the picture much) but Crevan could never forget. Their family had split in as violent a manner as they’d come together, leaving everyone splintered and bitter. Nyxa, the sister Crevan would never meet, had been left in the dust of that battle. Abandoned on Ischia to make her own way and ever since then he’d heard nothing about her. The probability of her being dead haunted the navy-maned stallion.

“Come for a crown? Amet? Jah-Lilah?” He presses them further, the tone of his voice rising in frustration. He has no idea that what he mocks the dragon-horse for has already happened. Against all odds the three of them are what remains from a once notoriously successful family, and despite everything it seems they’ve all ended up right where they started.

Jah-Lilah the mother, maiden, crone, Amet the king, father, philosopher. Crevan the nomad, killer, brother.

@[Amet] @[Jah-Lilah]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I make the Devil go weak in the knees [Amet] - by Crevan - 03-17-2019, 06:03 PM