• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Litotes;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Admittedly, the Hyaline lion fascinates him. He is bold and tenacious. There are shackles around his wrists and still he carries himself with pride and with a mind brimming with ideas. If only Castile could reach into his thoughts and thumb through the options, but that would in contrast make everything far too easy. The fun would be stripped away if he was capable of seeing into his victims’ next moves and goals.

No, he rather enjoys watching many of them squirm beneath his intense stare and weigh out the benefits.

But Litotes? He is composed and steadfast in his response. The corner of Castile’s mouth quivers in a grin, his eyes lit by an inner fire. ”I hope you aren’t making assumptions, Litotes. I never mentioned you would be under a thumb.” I am not my mother, he nearly confesses, but few would know Nayl’s accomplishments. Her reign is a decade past, her memory having faded with the years and seasons. So, instead Castile merely shrugs. His muscles ripple beneath his coat, his expression at ease. ”I like a little excitement in life, yes,” here he half-heartedly chuckles as he – still somewhat angrily – reflects back on the Resort and how he tasted Tiphon’s blood on his tongue. ”But I have no desire to be a dictator. I don’t need subkingdoms, only trust. To watch the world squirm is payment enough for me, unlike your former Queens who wanted Hyaline and Pangea groveling at their feet.” They want a unified front, but their power is perhaps slipping since carving Litotes into exile.

So, wouldn’t it be wise to keep the Lion close? To keep at his side what they thrusted away? To harbor the ill feelings and direct them purposefully?

”And why should I free you?” An edge returns to his voice, and Castile’s eyes narrow skeptically. The cat could run, to turn easily against him (but who wants to anger a dragon?). Arrogance simmers within his chest as he feigns thoughtfulness. A step to the left, calculated. He pivots, facing east to where Hyaline sits on the opposite side of the mountains. ”More importantly,” his voice lowers, crawling toward a predatory noise, ”why should I trust you?” He is willing, ever so, but he practices caution sometimes. ”What grand scheme would come of me releasing you? Where would you go?” Slowly, Castile pivots again to face Litotes, his gaze flashing mischievously.

”What would make you more suitable as a friend than a prisoner?”

Chaos, he thinks. To see the East teeter. To see the Resort burn.

castile

@[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    Litotes; - by Castile - 02-13-2019, 10:45 AM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 02-13-2019, 10:23 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by Castile - 02-18-2019, 09:51 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 02-26-2019, 06:49 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by Castile - 03-04-2019, 01:39 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 03-04-2019, 03:47 PM