• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

something is eating away at me with splendid teeth.
    I wanted to leave something besides a blood trail,
    besides prayers growing stale on my tongue.

Cellar was polite enough to let him speak of his home. Her eyes did wander or boredly stray to the queen beside them, but rather examined him silently as he extended his invitation. There is a pause before he repeats himself, adding that he believes her to be kind. The words make her face draw up slightly in concern and confusion. She had never been kind to anyone in her life. No, she was blood-stained hands and nights of sleepless regrets all in the pursuit of happiness to call her own. The joy of others meant little to her.

"You are mistaken, Chezter of the Falls. I was made to break things. There is no room for kindness here," she explained without any sort of change in her voice. Cruelty was not one of her talents but neither was softness. She managed to dance along that strange in between of the two characteristics, occasionally dipping her toes in one or the other.

But then the other female speaks and Cellar's eyes drift to her as she listens. Neither has described their home but their personalities say a decent amount about them, she supposes. The word 'adopting' makes her stomach turn, though. Her father had given her to Tyrael before she had reached her first winter. He had adopted her, in a sick sense of that word. The serpent girl shrugs her shoulders to dismiss the thoughts as she had done earlier before examining to queen.

"I'm afraid I'm too old to be adopted," she says with that same empty tone of hers. "I'll follow you for a while and decide if it suits me to serve your Chamber."

Truth be told, she isn't sure either of them is capable of the tight grip she so adores, but she's willing to let the raven girl try her hand at holding the leash for a time. Cellar knows the Falls would be too peaceful and idle hands are the worst kind of a good thing for her.

I could give you my body, my flesh,
    offer it up like a sacrifice, like a banquet.
    C

E

L

L

A

R

Messages In This Thread
    RE: something is eating away at me with splendid teeth. - by cellar - 08-07-2015, 01:55 PM