• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it's got the best of me; dov
    dovev

He'd been gone a few days, and the moment he had the chance to, he went looking for her. First, he'd settled at a distance and watched her from afar, glancing at the family on their separate outing, the twin girls glued to each other as always and Zoryn not far. And Defy off on his own, powering his way into who-knows-what kinda trouble.

She was quiet a while, curled up in the shade and following thoughts that took her away. He wanted to bring her back, wanted to see that wicked smile again.

He slid from his place like another shadow, strolling to her with quiet steps. Once again, he couldn't seem to let things just lie. It was harder to do when there were times like now where he could catch her alone. He'd find his boy soon, but he never got a chance to really check on her, to really see how she was doing.

His black gaze met her eyes steadily as she opened them, smiling softly up at him and making his heart ache. Even after everything she'd been through she was beautiful. Beautiful like she would never believe if anyone told her. And healing. Good. He held that look with a blank stare as he continued walking closer, his eyes a little too sharp, a little too focused. When he was directly in front of her, he stopped. His head lowered down to her and he breathed in her scent beside her jaw, careful not to get too close, careful not to touch her.

"Hey. I missed you."

He touched her anyway, her skin soft and new. She never should've went through what she had. He or Zor.. they should've been with her. He pulled back, and gave the ground a brief glance before choosing a place beside her to lower himself. With a safe distance. He definitely shouldn't touch her. That often, and very quickly, led to a lot more touching between them.

His attention was outward again, watching Defy and feeling a weight in his chest. He was quiet a long moment, solemn. Had Violence not found him those years ago, maybe he and Diz would've been together now, really together. He would've kept working, kept coming back to see her grow bigger with the girls, watch her raise them and grow-- or not grow bigger with their boy. And depending how Zoryn handled it, maybe they would've stayed together. Maybe they would've still been together after all this time.

"I've had more children," he finally said quietly, his voice firm. He wasn't a coward, he wouldn't hide it from her. Maybe it'll make her hate him. It was almost a default to think everyone would at some point. He had certainly earned it. "More than Atrani. And Defy. ...And Zoe." None of them planned, but each of them very real and very near.

we're slaves to any semblance of touch

Lord, we should quit but we love it too much

Messages In This Thread
    it's got the best of me; dov - by Disastardly - 01-31-2019, 04:38 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; dov - by Dovev - 02-03-2019, 06:57 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; dov - by Disastardly - 02-04-2019, 05:02 AM
    RE: it's got the best of me; dov - by Dovev - 02-10-2019, 11:31 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; dov - by Disastardly - 02-12-2019, 01:56 AM