• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sochi;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Admittedly, he loves how she takes his side with the same predatory perception. Growls, primal in nature, vibrate through their cores and Reia tries to join in. Hers, of course, doesn’t rattle so deeply, but her lips curl to expose her jagged teeth nonetheless, conveying her disdain as well. Castile regards her with a gentle bump of his shoulder against her while his eyes brighten seeing the blue flames tracing down her crest. She is a perfect rendition of their passionate – perhaps almost dangerous – coupling. It’s for her, for his children, that he wants to seize the island. He doesn’t bend a knee, not anymore. A decade of being submissive has chiseled him away and revealed something far superior and stubborn. His eyes are narrowed as fire burns through his veins. Palm trees reach out to them and groan with a tropical breeze. The isolation of an island is alluring and it holds his interest despite the onlookers boasting their opposition.

”They wouldn’t stay,” he replies as they sour his thoughts, his voice throaty and distant. ”If,” and he lingers on the word thoughtfully, ”I keep the Resort, they will be gone. I went against my nature to compromise, and they stomped on it. So, they can drown in the tide if this becomes mine.” Reia peers up at him, taken aback by his proclamation, but she says nothing. She witnessed the outbreak, but she also saw the blood on father’s lips (we are hunters, what do they expect?). Smoke coils from her nostrils amid her silence, her eyes darting to mother to watch her reactions. Sochi, just as agitated, maintains a composure that Reia attempts to mirror until father speaks again, his voice nearly a growl. ”I won’t tuck my tail. If they keep the Resort, I will give them all.” He pauses as a jagged, malicious grin stretches his lips. ”It is, after all, what they deserve.”

Don’t apologize. Don’t bend to anyone. Don’t change your nature for anyone.

The words reverberate through him as a wandering glance finds the lapping ocean waves. Memories glide seamlessly across his mind, considering what he is and what he has become. The years have molded him and sharpened him like a dagger. He isn’t the quiet or nonchalant boy anymore. Volatile, dangerous – that’s what he is now except to the family that he is gradually expanding. The mothers, and of course their children, see the tenderness he is capable of, but the opposition sees something so much worse. Deep in thought, Castile’s jaw alternates between clenching and relaxing until his attention slowly drifts back to Sochi, drawn to the gleam in her eye, the languid roll of her shoulders, and the ferocity etched across her pretty face. ”Keep Loess in mind,” he confirms, pushing it to the realm of possibility. Admittedly, he just wants a home to keep his family – a place to have everyone clustered together – so that he may wake in the morning to their company.

Amid the chaos and his frustration, Castile traces down Sochi’s face. A lopsided grin breaks the rage and thought smeared across his expression, bringing a sudden softness that hasn’t been seen since arriving here. ”You really are beautiful.”

castile

@[Sochi]

Messages In This Thread
    Sochi; - by Castile - 01-28-2019, 03:02 PM
    RE: Sochi; - by sochi - 01-29-2019, 12:02 AM
    RE: Sochi; - by Castile - 01-31-2019, 10:14 AM
    RE: Sochi; - by sochi - 02-02-2019, 07:22 PM