• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we yearn like beasts, part like glaciers
    you've got to move slowly, take and eat my body like it's holy.
    She’s too young to recognize the strange feeling of someone dragging their fingers through her thoughts and emotions, tugging at the loose threads of her to influence her decisions. The girl assumes that it is her growing confidence that makes the journey more tolerable as time goes on rather than her traveling companion. Of course she thinks her new strength is her own doing, as the young often do. But the laughter in his voice when he explains that they have come so that she may live? It sets fire to the calm and the serenity that he had given her just moments ago.

Fear gathers up in her throat like storm clouds and silences her while the warm trickle of blood begins at her nose. But then he conjures Vulgaris, all sad and pleading with her for her help just as he had once taught her to do. In the blink of an eye, it is Eight again, bleeding just as she is while she stands there trembling. Drink up, he commands. Drink up.

If someone bothers you, ask them to stop.

She remembers her father’s words, his true lessons, and she mumbles the word over and over like Eight might actually listen. “Stop.. Stop.. Please stop..” But everything just keeps spinning and turning red while her mouth goes numb. Is she even speaking anymore? Her bright green eyes shut tight and she tries to block him out, but his voice pervades even her thoughts until she remembers the most important lesson of all.

If they do not stop, destroy them.

And then she’s opening her eyes, moving forward before she even knows just what she’s doing yet. Her jaw unhinges with a nauseating pop, spreads wide as she pushes off with her hind legs, driving her straight for his throat. Her tongue is coated with the blood streaming from her nose and the mouthful of ruptured artery between her teeth. Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. She cannot escape her hunger.

She clenches her mouth shut, all those little teeth curved backward to keep him stuffed inside her mouth like a sacrificial lamb. He is the enemy, her enemy. How blessed she is to have found him so early on in her life. His blood pours down her throat like fine wine from a year with heavy rains and gentle summers, but it burns like wildfire and salt.

@[Eight] if you want me to edit this just let me know but i thought it would be fun!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we yearn like beasts, part like glaciers - by Sabbath - 01-29-2019, 12:00 AM