• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd burn here if that's what it takes [brennen]
    SO GIVE ME HOPE IN THE DARKNESS THAT I WILL SEE THE LIGHT
    'CAUSE OH THAT GAVE ME SUCH A FRIGHT
    He has little to do in Nerine, right now. His primary job is, actually, watching the children while others go about the majority of the business of running a Kingdom. Most looking on from the outside would assume the lauded warrior and taciturn magician would dislike being relegated to the role of babysitter, but a second look into his life would tell you differently. The thing is – Brennen had walked away from running a Kingdom with barely a second look, and had always valued being a father as highly or higher than most of his other jobs.

The bay stallion’s own children are past the need for constant supervision, however, leaving him with more free time than he really is comfortable with. Today, he’d been bored enough to leave Nerine and the first thing he’d done was fly for so long that even Brennen, most comfortable in the sky, was tired enough to want to land and rest; he decides to explore one of the common lands a bit. Vaguely he thinks that maybe he’ll stumble upon someone to recruit for Nerine, but more than that he simply thinks it might finally be time to become better acquainted with the new places Beqanna had gifted them in one of the last unheavals – better late than never.

He settles to people watch, spreading his overlarge black wings out around him and turning his dished face to the warm spring sun. After all this time he has become used to the rhythmic and cyclical sounds of the sea, so the sound of the wild river engorged by spring thaws is most of his focus. It feels strange but powerful, his magic shifting inside to echo it’s music, but the sight of another flying overhead draws him out of the reverie. She nearly falls from the sky, aborting her descent at the last minute, one of his favorite adrenaline thrills. The side of Brennen’s mouth quirks up into a smile for a brief second but it’s faded back into polite curiosity by the time he speaks to get her attention.

“That was neatly done,” he says quietly, so as not to startle her. They’re nearly drawled, his words, drawn out in the way he’d appropriated long ago from his own father. “I’m Brennen.”

BUT I WILL HOLD AS LONG AS YOU LIKE
    JUST PROMISE ME WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
    Brennen

@[Cress]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'd burn here if that's what it takes [brennen] - by Brennen - 01-21-2019, 08:54 PM