• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    i've never fallen from quite this high; anyone
    “Icicle Isle,” he repeats, nodding his pale head at the fitting name for this frozen place. Pteron’s olive eyes take in the sweeping landscape around them. There are no mountains on the horizon here like there are at home – or perhaps he is simply looking in the wrong direction. No, he decides, following Leilan’s gaze at the mention of the pine forest: no mountains at all. The dun colt suddenly feels rather proud of the great distance he must have crossed to get here.

The golden haired stallion has no need of shelter, Pteron surmises, but he looks curiously toward the dark bay as Leila mentions he might be able to help them stay out of the wind. Does he have some magic too, Pteron wonders? The colt is no stranger to the magics of Beqanna, but the gifts of those he knows are wrapped about less tangible things than the bitter wind. The idea of using magic to keep them warm has the winged colt blinking up at Aziz in anticipation, a smile on his blue mouth.

“Oh yes please,” He says to the older male’s offer to build a small shelter. What will he build it from, Pteron wonders? Ice, like Leilan has hinted? Perhaps plants or water or stone like the fairies from bedtime stories. Maybe he might even weave with the stars, like the God Mage can. He is young enough to be impressed by most anything, but his imagination does tend to carry him away from time to time.

As he is waiting, Pteron answers the question that Aziz had asked.

“I wanted to see the northern lights. We cant really see them from home, the Brilliant Pampas, but I thought if I got closer I could see them better and wow...I really can.” Distracted from his focus on Aziz by the reminder of the aerial light show, Pteron raises his head to glance over his shoulder at where the veils of light dance in the sky. “It must be so cool to see this all the time.”

@[Leilan]
    @[Aziz]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; anyone - by Pteron - 01-20-2019, 08:59 AM