• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    Dance with me snowflake [ Nalia]
    "So far the island has been treating me fairly. It has been difficult to find food at times, especially when the snow had built up, but I managed through it. With spring approaching as well, the grass will soon reappear and provide for those here who need it more than I do."

Nalia missed the warmth of the stallion's muzzle when he lifted it off her back, but said nothing as he pondered his thoughts before telling Nalia one of the reasons, besides seeing her, that he came to the Isle. She was touched that he would say that first, something that motivated her to run her muzzle along the thick muscles of his neck. What Ardashir said Leilan wished to speak of troubled her, but the stallion had already moved on before Nalia could say anything.

What he asked her... surprised her, to say the least. All this time they'd known each other and he hadn't ever asked that... the filly couldn't help but chuckle a little before she got herself under control long enough to offer her experiences.

"Well, it took some getting used to, especially since I didn't have a teacher growing up," she began. "But, when I grew, and could take to the sky for the first time... that was an all-new experience in itself... I remember looking down at the ground, it scared me... I didn't know how I would get down... but then, when I got higher, and saw a few birds next to me...

"For whatever reason, being able to fly that high, it gave me hope for my life... I felt different from my herd, but when I was in the sky, I didn't have to worry about what they thought of me... I found a place I could call my own... even when I returned, and was made fun of by the others, I always knew I could return to the sky, because it would welcome me."

Nalia turned to look at the starry-eyed stallion, "But to others, it's much like how the dolphins play in the water. It makes you feel free, feeling the wind in your mane, it's breathtaking."

When she was done, her gaze turned serious, "But now it's my turn to ask a question. Is there trouble? Has something been stirring in the Isle that warranted Leilan to request you stay close by?"

@[Ardashir]

Messages In This Thread
    Dance with me snowflake [ Nalia] - by Ardashir - 01-14-2019, 04:02 PM
    RE: Dance with me snowflake [ Nalia] - by Nalia - 01-15-2019, 12:33 AM
    RE: Dance with me snowflake [ Nalia] - by Nalia - 01-19-2019, 10:49 PM