• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    i've never fallen from quite this high; anyone
    Pteron cannot hear the growling of the bay’s belly over the wind in his ears, but he does recognize that the roan’s response to his presence is not immediately hostile since Leilan is able to grin at whatever it is that Pteron has missed. He teases him about his nose, and a soft smile appears in the depths of the dun colt’s puffed wings. Leilan introduces himself and Aziz, the other bay stallion, steps forward to join them. He remains silent, so Pteron lifts his head from his wing to offer the older male a smile.

Perhaps he is shy, Pteron thinks. He follows Aziz’ gaze to the land around them, wondering what it is that he is looking for. There is mostly snow and more snow, but he supposes that the Pampas are much the same to an outsider – grass and more grass.

“I’m Pteron,” he says to them both. “What is this place?”

He had overheard his parents mention a safe but frozen land in the north, but he does not know its name. They hadn’t either – the north had sent no diplomats, after all – and Pteron feels rather bold being the first to venture to it. That boldness replaces some of his doubt about having left home.

“How do you get warm?”

@[Leilan]
    @[Aziz] no need to apologize! <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; anyone - by Pteron - 01-18-2019, 11:32 PM