• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    i've never fallen from quite this high; anyone

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    Winter may be on its end elsewhere in Beqanna - Icicle Isle never stops being cold. Even in springs and summers, when more ice melts than usual, and the toughest grasses and tawny plants still manage to grow and reproduce, the air is cool. To Leilan, none of this matters, for two reasons in fact: one, the obvious, his icy forms of magical attributes and the subsequent cold-resistance that stems from it, the other that it is simply home.

But his home definitely needs improving. For one, it needed more residents, and part of that meant that it could use more places to shelter from the wind and the ice. That’s why he’d found himself so lucky in stumbling upon Aziz, the earth-shaper, who happened to find it an intriguing question if perhaps frozen ground might be better to work with (or, ice-glazed-over-earth, if Leilan managed to freeze the structures before they collapsed).

Now the two of them moved slowly across the island, Leilan pointing out places of importance, Aziz noting what he could or could not do. They happened to be close to where Pteron had landed right now (Leilan had figured perhaps there needed to be a place near the border where visitors could wait), but due to the boy’s invisibility they hadn’t noticed him yet.

That, however, couldn’t last too long. First of all there’s the smell that accompanies every horse, and second, due to this change in air reaching his nostrils, heat vision was triggered quickly. Seeing that it was only the form of a rather lanky yearling, the draconic stallion wasn’t in a hurry to call him a threat; but it is of course, rather undiplomatic for visitors to hide this way.

The scaled roan softly bumps his bay companion with his shoulder to interrupt their conversation. ”Someone’s here, but it’s not threat,” he says to him, but in a soft and low voice, before lifting his head to call out. ”Hey there, how are you? Not too cold I hope?” As if, perhaps, the boy wasn’t invisible at all (with heat vision, such is always debatable, the roan might think).

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Aziz]
    Let me know if any of the above doesn’t suit you ^.^
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; anyone - by Leilan - 01-16-2019, 08:59 AM