• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

. : a new start; a new chance : .

'Did he lose his eye on an adventure, mother?' The young blue colt asks me, and my ears twiddle atop my skull, leaning back into mounds of strawberry mane. I shake my head abruptly and gently nudge Akos. 'I'm sure Jacque has stories to tell, Akos, but not right now dear.' I was gentle in my voice, albeit slightly embarrassed, not only for my own wayward stare but for my son's curious banter. He stepped forward out of my grasp and over towards the stranger, dripping with the falls water, his blue roan pelt glimmering black beneath the sun. 'I'd like to hear those stories. Maybe.' Akos turned back to me and with pleasing mismatched eyes, I relented a little, stepping forward and nudging the colt's hindquarters. 'Maybe one day, Akos, maybe one day.'

I turned my attention fully back to the bay steed, watchful of his observations, listening intently to his words. 'It is a pleasure Jacque. You have stumbled upon The Falls, and i'd like to say have been blessed by seeing the magical waters with your own eyes.' my head lowers, muzzle tilting and gesturing to the glimmering waters in the pool, the rushing rapids from the waterfall a quaint serenade in the backdrop. My tufty strawberry ears turn, and I shake my head, stamping a hoof in mock disdain. 'I am dreadfully sorry Jacque, I was so wrapped up in finding Akos, my manners have slipped. I am Eld. And I am pleased to make your acquaintance. Have you travelled far?' I listened again, intent, lifting my muzzle and smiling ever so slightly, the weariness in my face quite evident. Children were not meant to sit still after all, and once more Akos was idling but the waters, lifting a hoof and striking out at the pool, causing a stir of droplets to splash.

'The Falls will open their doors to any, if they need. They allowed me sanctuary some time ago, and I'd like to say that it has become my home.' I turn my gaze back to my blue son, who trots back over to us and turns his head to Jacque, questions on his tongue, but his lips remain pursed. 'Our home. And regards to your skills, perhaps a talk with Shatter Me will help. She is our Queen and our Healer. Numbers here are quite sparse though, and I suppose another set of hooves never goes amiss.' Akos then jumps in,w it wide, curious eyes and a gleaming smile. 'Herbs? What do your herbs do? Are they special? Like the mushrooms that grow in the forests, the wild foxglove in the grove?'

E L D
    - i'm a wishful thinker with the best intentions -
    acolyte of the falls

Messages In This Thread
    . : a new start; a new chance : . - by sandcastles - 08-02-2015, 02:56 PM
    RE: . : a new start; a new chance : . - by Akos - 08-02-2015, 03:14 PM
    RE: . : a new start; a new chance : . - by Jacque - 08-03-2015, 05:01 AM
    RE: . : a new start; a new chance : . - by Eld - 08-04-2015, 06:56 AM
    RE: . : a new start; a new chance : . - by Jacque - 08-04-2015, 01:01 PM
    RE: . : a new start; a new chance : . - by Eld - 08-05-2015, 01:57 PM