• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

love from the west; ivar
    There is no more world to discover, she fears. Ivar once thought the same thing, having traveled from one end of Beqanna to the other. Then, of course, he had discovered the sea. That same path is not open to her, he knows, but there is far more wonder below the surface than anything he has ever seen on land. There are mountain ranges that dwarf even Hyaline's mighty peaks, water so thick with salt it creates pools on the ocean floor, coral in colors that flowers can only hope to imitate.

He is distracted from these thoughts by her mention of Nerine. Unbidden, a displeased growl rumbles in his chest, but her teasing soothes his irritation as quickly as it had risen, and he bumps the bridge of his nose against her cheek with soft laugh.

"They can manage without me, I think." he says. Manage for a while, the kelpie thinks; he's picked more pliant women this time around, soft-eyed and besotted, unlikely to pose a challenge.

Wishbone is the very opposite, taunting and teasing and dancing about like a firefly just out of reach. Determined, he pulls her closer, feeling the beat of her heart against his chest as his lips trace her opposite shoulder. "Stay." He tells her quietly. "Let me remind you what you have been missing."

He nips her sleek skin at the last world, and her responding gasp is just as he remembered. This time, the growl that emanates from his throat is far more intense, and he herds her toward the sea with intent. Her consideration of a return to Nerine isn't acceptable to the golden-eyed kelpie, and while he's ever certain that he can convince her otherwise, there is no harm in secondary assurances. Wishbone has always struck him as the sort to want her children raised in a family, after all.

@[Wishbone] i am tagging you even though we are closing this one <3

Messages In This Thread
    love from the west; ivar - by Wishbone - 12-26-2018, 07:26 PM
    RE: love from the west; ivar - by Ivar - 12-29-2018, 10:05 AM
    RE: love from the west; ivar - by Wishbone - 12-30-2018, 04:15 PM
    RE: love from the west; ivar - by Random Event - 12-30-2018, 04:44 PM
    RE: love from the west; ivar - by Ivar - 12-30-2018, 09:05 PM
    RE: love from the west; ivar - by Wishbone - 01-06-2019, 12:54 AM
    RE: love from the west; ivar - by Ivar - 01-13-2019, 10:49 AM