• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  give me hope in the darkness; Chryseis/any sick
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

So much has happened, that she had nearly forgotten that her father had wanted someone – Brennen, he had said – to heal her. Of course, he had gotten angry and punished her over something ridiculous in the same conversation. A surefire way to drive her away from Nerine and straight into the arms of Rhaegor, was to try and forbid her from seeing him. She had listened to her father’s apology, but his reasoning for feeling the way that he did still left a sour taste in her mouth. The risk of getting your heart broken was something everyone took when they fell in love; it was a risk that she had always been willing to take. She isn’t sure why he can’t see that – Breckin had taken the same risk with him.

The effects of the plague have become so deeply rooted into her that it was all she knew, now. Her nights were spent being wracked by her awful cough, and her golden muzzle seemed to be permanently stained with blood. The warmth of Tephra was a welcome change, however; since the fever was always present, she at least no longer suffered from being too cold by the frigid coastal winds of Nerine. Every night curled next to her winged prince was her only real source of comfort.

She is alone, now, walking the coastline of Tephra, when she feels a strange call – not really a thought, but more like an urge, that she needed to go back towards the river that ran through the center of the kingdom. She pauses for a moment, a slight frown creasing her brow, but she decides she has nothing to lose, and so she turns, heading back the way that she had just come.

Walking along the bank of the river, she follows it inland, and it isn’t long until her eyes settle on an unfamiliar stallion. And because she rarely met anything or anyone with caution, he is no different. With an amicable smile on her lips, she approaches him, greeting him easily as she gets close enough, ”Hi, there.” Her gold-blazed face lowers just slightly, her fever-glossed eyes meeting his with a fleeting flicker of curiosity when she offers, ”I’m Chryseis. I’m not really a member here, I guess, but I could get Magnus if you need him…?” Her voice trails off, her head tilting as though to punctuate her query, having no way of knowing that he was, in fact, here for her.

chryseis

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; Chryseis/any sick - by Chryseis - 01-13-2019, 04:34 AM