• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sochi;
    Sochi

darling, you're wild-eyed, empty, and tongue-tied
    maybe you need me or maybe you don't

Sochi is not the type to wax poetic about motherhood or feel tears streaming down her cheeks at pride in her daughter. She has been through too much, experienced too much, to let herself become that vulnerable over anything—but she still feels pride when she looks at her daughter. Her beautiful, fierce daughter with her own eyes peering back up at her, that swath of blue on her forehead, that ferocity in every line of her body, her face. Her daughter comes up and presses into the thick tiger fur, and Sochi allows it for a moment, a low grumble of approval in her throat, her wide head bumping her daughter.

When Reia does step away, Sochi shifts back into her equine form, the motion smooth and liquid, the mare shedding one body for another. It is a transition that she has honed over time, come to control with an ease. As her daughter begins to share, Sochi sniffs, eyes sharpening slightly. “The other children are weak,” she says simply, finding the matter distasteful. “They fear what they cannot control.”

Sochi would not tolerate her daughter into a spoiled brat, would not tolerate her not understanding her place in the pack, but with other children? She is free to assert herself in such situations, to rise as the natural leader. Reia was not to answer to them or cow before them.

“And you cannot be controlled, daughter.”

The words are stern, with an underlying meaning, a reminder. Reia was fierce and proud and she was to continue  living that way. “Good. You never need to apologize to prey for being a predator, Reia.” There is steel beneath her voice, but a kindness in the only way that she knows how. “Never.”

playing the slow rooms, howling at half moons
    if you are a Queen then, honey, I am a wolf

@[Reia]
    [Image: sochi.png]

I was less than graceful, I was not kind
    be out watching other lovers lose their spine

Messages In This Thread
    Sochi; - by Reia - 01-03-2019, 02:49 PM
    RE: Sochi; - by sochi - 01-04-2019, 11:06 PM
    RE: Sochi; - by Reia - 01-10-2019, 10:53 AM
    RE: Sochi; - by sochi - 01-12-2019, 12:17 AM