• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if there's love in this life; Litotes/holiday part

but you’d never get hit without earning it
    and i only hit you first ‘cuz i deserved my own hit too
    still it comes the time to call you out
    since i’m the one that you should be about

If Litotes and Kensa were human, a perfect scene would be set: two young lovers nervous and excited to enjoy each other’s company amongst the notable of Beqanna. In the mirror he would look, rub the sharp edge of his jawline, ensuring there are no lingering pricks of hair (for if he were human, he would love the feeling of that smooth skin). His long piano-player fingers would wrap gently around his silver bowtie, tightening and aligning (he would certainly be the kind to never buy a clip-on). A glinting smile would pass over his face as he thinks of his beloved, her love note beckoning him to their first gathering splayed out on their crimson and rumpled bed sheets (he offers a passing glance to her delicate handwriting, one finger rubbing smoothly over his bottom lip).

Alas, they are two sickly leaders in a much more magical word.

Still, the excitement of the party lingers in the air around him. So much so that even Rune’s eager bouncing off the trees does not give him pause. Lie dips his muzzle into the snow over and over again, passing the damp snow over his fur to clean any lingering dirt. The sheen of his cremello begins to return, quite a deception: the slick fur hiding the dullness of plague. He continues on, nervous and unsatisfied until -

Litotes! I swear to Carnage if you don’t get your shit together.

The topaz of his eyes burns with annoyance, but the gaze he rolls over the little sand cat is fairly good natured.

You are just lucky I agreed to take you, he snaps back, but resigns himself with a hissing sigh.

Rune is right, as per usual, and it is time to head for Island Resort; and he would never leave his faithful cat behind when she is so excited about something. Her purr interrupts his thoughts as she twines herself around his front legs. Rune asks him to shift so he does, knowing how much the feline likes to be amongst feline company.

Luckily, the trip to the Resort is not terribly long. The agreed upon meeting place is where the whispered of bridge begins, which is exactly where Lie spots Kensa’s perfectly smooth hide. The bones beneath his stretched skin creak when he shifts back to equine, Rune taking that as a cue to sprint between Kensa’s legs and off into the island. The Primarch smiles, charmed by the cat’s joy and the lights that sway over her pale fur. He is not far behind, only moments later pressing into her side as if he had not seen her weeks.

“Hello,” he murmurs, hardly audible over the way he presses his lips into the crest of her mane. “It feels like years since we’ve left Hyaline together, don’t you think?” he asks, pulling away from her with a brilliant smile. “We should have gone on a diplomatic visit together.” He presses his cheek to hers for a moment before swishing his tail and beginning their trek over the bridge.

“You’re practically glowing, darling.” An afterthought. An ironic one.

Litotes

@[Kensa] im....love

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if there's love in this life; Litotes/holiday part - by litotes - 01-08-2019, 10:42 PM